Ice ice baby

Well that was a little scary. We were without power for about an hour solid. I was kinda starting to worry, the temp in the house was dropping and it's starting to blizzard out. My phone battery is about out and I was on hold with the power company. I can't even imagine what you would do if you were out for an evening. We all take power for granted, if we were out all evening your house would be freezing what would you do then? Normally I don't get scared but I was really started to get worried. Bad part is the storm is just starting. If you don't see me on here for awhile you know what happened.

Well that was a little scary. We were without power for about an hour solid. I was kinda starting to worry, the temp in the house was dropping and it's starting to blizzard out. My phone battery is about out and I was on hold with the power company. I can't even imagine what you would do if you were out for an evening. We all take power for granted, if we were out all evening your house would be freezing what would you do then? Normally I don't get scared but I was really started to get worried. Bad part is the storm is just starting. If you don't see me on here for awhile you know what happened.
I told you about that story when we house sat for the neightbors and their furnace quit didn't I?

lol Nodle is going to go crazy with no electricity. No video games, movies, might have to read a book .

Not to start a fight but in my opinion calling the power company is kind of useless in a time of wide outages. They know there is a problem and it's weather related. It's like when power goes out in town here and people called us because their internet was down. Well, we hated that too since there is not much we could do. Okay, it's a little different but I am just saying.

I agree with you C Pav. I didn't want to but the wife said to because sometimes they don't know it's down. (happens to use alot IE: I haven't had internet in a week). Sometimes places don't know unless you tell them. Trust me I am by far the least to complain. It's funny because while I was on hold the power came back on so I just hung up.

@jmanz I was going crazy. I just finished all my books, couldn't call anyone since I needed to conserve my battery. I just kinda of sat there on the couch and played with the cat. It's really amazing how much we take power for granted.

I agree with you C Pav. I didn't want to but the wife said to because sometimes they don't know it's down. (happens to use alot IE: I haven't had internet in a week). Sometimes places don't know unless you tell them. Trust me I am by far the least to complain. It's funny because while I was on hold the power came back on so I just hung up.@jmanz I was going crazy. I just finished all my books, couldn't call anyone since I needed to conserve my battery. I just kinda of sat there on the couch and played with the cat. It's really amazing how much we take power for granted.
Yeah I see your point. Just in case it's an isolated issue or extended issue to just your home.

Getting aggravated today. The power keeps going on and off again. Not as bad as yesterday but still maybe ever 45 minutes. It really sucks when you are playing a game then BAM, everything goes black and you lose all your progress. This happened to me about 5 times today playing my xbox so I just gave up. :sad:

Getting aggravated today. The power keeps going on and off again. Not as bad as yesterday but still maybe ever 45 minutes. It really sucks when you are playing a game then BAM, everything goes black and you lose all your progress. This happened to me about 5 times today playing my xbox so I just gave up. :sad:
That sucks man. I guess a reply of "having power problems I feel bad for you son" wouldn't be appropriate.

No UPS over there?

I am so sick of this power on and off all night then went off for about 2 hours. Get up today and think ok they have it fixed start playing my game and then BAM all progress lost. I give up.

No UPS over there?
I do I have a massive one on my server, then I have two smaller ones, but I think the batteries are dead on both of them. Plus nothing on the tv and videogame systems except for surge protector.

I can't take this anymore!!! NAHSSSSSSSSSssssssss :devil:

So how is it looking in your neck of the woods jmanz, c pav and robyn and others?

So how is it looking in your neck of the woods jmanz, c pav and robyn and others?
Windy, huge drifts in the roads. Cold!Shoveled, but it blew in already.

I hate winter!

Windy, huge drifts in the roads. Cold!Shoveled, but it blew in already.
I hate winter!
Think it will be done by morning? I just checked the road report. Looks bad man.

I may try to get out of here in the morning. Friday after work sucked! I couldn't tell where the road was, I started driving on the edge so I could hear the rumble strips. Felt bad man.

Ya I guess it will just depend on if the wind dies down and they get our roads plowed.

Wasn't that bad here. Got about 5-6 inches of snow on Friday night, got the snow blower out on saturday and cleaned it up. Just windy today but no snow, all is well.

It's bad out . High winds causing blowing snow.

Is work closed tomorrow?

HAHAHA like that would ever happen.

Back