CERN - what does it really do?

The world is not going to end.....that happens in 2012, duh.

"The first attempt to circulate a beam in the LHC will be made this Wednesday, Sept. 10 at the injection energy of 450 GeV (0.45 TeV). The start up time will be between (9:00 to 18:00 Zurich Time) (2:00 to 10:00 CDT) with live webcasts provided at webcast.cern.ch."

Cern's failure.

How many think that Cern actually didn't work? I mean could you imagine building something to that size and money and having it fail? Of course they are going to say it worked. What proof do we have that is worked besides some fancy graphs?

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/gavborg/gordonfreeman.jpg

Cern's failure.How many think that Cern actually didn't work? I mean could you imagine building something to that size and money and having it fail? Of course they are going to say it worked. What proof do we have that is worked besides some fancy graphs?
Thats just it.  Lets start spending a bunch of money searching for something that may or may not exist.  The more obscure and unprovable it is, the easier it is to explain not finding it. OTOH

Maybe it did fail because the religious zealots sabotaged it.  If they did find this Higgs Boson "god particle" it may prove science over god.

I thought for sure we were doomed.

Looks like it hasn’t been run in three years and they start it again today.

Well that’s interesting.

Back