CERN - what does it really do?

Looks like a weapon of mass destruction, we better bomb them.

Its worse than any bomb, or anything, they don't know what the are messing with. In fact they don't really know exactly what will happen when they fire it up. All for a "God particle".

Crazy contraption.  I don't think it's worse than a bomb.  Will be interesting to see what happens.  I like some of the comments at the last link nodle provided:

Don't worry, they have confirmed that the chance that a sustainable black hole will form and consume the earth is quite small.

Crazy contraption.  I don't think it's worse than a bomb.  Will be interesting to see what happens.  I like some of the comments at the last link nodle provided:

Don't worry, they have confirmed that the chance that a sustainable black hole will form and consume the earth is quite small.
LOL just a small black hole, awesome!

BTW this thing fires up on the 10th now, you basically have to days left to live.

BTW this thing fires up on the 10th now, you basically have to days left to live.
According to the last article you posted sir it is 9/10, not 8/10.  Though it does say that on 8/9 there will be some usage.  I am guessing 9/10 is full blown use or something?  (I just glimpsed at the article  :Frown: )  Anyhow... I wonder how the math on timezones would work, could a first trial on 9/10 there mean yet another 9/11 disaster?  :Undecided:

According to the last article you posted sir it is 9/10, not 8/10.  Though it does say that on 8/9 there will be some usage.  I am guessing 9/10 is full blown use or something?  (I just glimpsed at the article  :Frown: )  Anyhow... I wonder how the math on timezones would work, could a first trial on 9/10 there mean yet another 9/11 disaster?  :Undecided:
When you hear the loud sucking sound

not from hpets
coming up from behind you know it's time.

Seriously though, this still kinda freaks me out. Some things should be left alone.

I agree.  We (the world) shouldn't let them do this until it is more understood; risk/benefits.

Next Wednesday fools! :LargeGasp:

Back