Bad things you have done at your work

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's post thing bad things that we have done at our work. Please don't use the location or companies names.

I'll start us off. One of my very first jobs one evening I thought it would be cool to miss pool chemicals together. Little did I know that ammonia and bleach don't go together. Let's just say it started to combust like a jet engine and released some pretty toxic fumes.

Another story is a co-worker of mine and myself might had got tired of dealing with a mail server and may have pulled one extra drive from the raid array so that we didn't have to deal with it anymore.

Feel free to add your own!

I put some tape over the connectors on a CAT5 cable connected to a coworkers PC once... I can't think of much I've done other than some practical jokes on co-workers though

Heard from a source that that second story never worked and the server just kept on living...

First job in high school never did anything bad but have a few stories to tell. One was we would always sneak a few bowls of knoephla soup on the days it was made. Working in the back where the dish washer area was near the food prep area made that easy.

I know the guys who did inventory would always steal several frozen mini pizzas when they came in on delivery.

Job I had before college there was water/ice in the deep fryer to see what would happen. Nothing as crazy as the chemicals as above nut still pretty dangerous as it bubbles and pops spewing hot grease everywhere.

Same job we would always sneak cookie dough and other stuff to snack on. Friend and I would go out back and throw eggs towards McDonalds. Many of times going into the freezer or cooler and punching boxes when mad. I got blamed for punching a box of eggs but was the other guy since I never would punch egg boxes.

Same job and friend. During the big WCW/WWE days when NWO was huge we would go around acting like NWO. The whole "2 sweet" thing and all. We used a flammable cooking spray, sprayed NWO on the tile floor and lit it on fire.

I remember a co-worker telling me to put a raw egg in a dish and microwave it. Didn't know what to expect util I heard the "pop". Fun cleaning that mess up. I also once punched and dented the microwave pretty good once.

Wrestling moves onto empty boxes in the back. I think I or another guy did a leaping elbow drop from a table onto a pile of empty boxes we were breaking down and taking out.

I have more.

Just wish we would have found it sooner.

Lets see, was mad at work one time, was my last week at work. May had gone into the networking closet with all the rack switches and randomly plugged cable from port to port (quite a few I must say).

One of my favorite things to do was to walk by a fellow employee while they were helping a customer, let one rip and walk away, while they have to stand there not being able to go anywhere with the smell.

Also when sending a drive into a professional data recovery place, a strong magnet rubbed all over the body can do some major damage to a drive.

Taking the helpdesk voicemails off and giving Boarder the pissed off customers to call back was fun. Also putting every single phone line on hold right before close so nobody could call in. DaveC and Boarder were partners in crime on this one.

Taking the helpdesk voicemails off and giving Boarder the pissed off customers to call back was fun. Also putting every single phone line on hold right before close so nobody could call in. DaveC and Boarder were partners in crime on this one.
Awesome. I had forgot about some of those things. :devilish:

@jmanz post reminds me of when I use to have the day off the next day, so to get rid of customers I would tell them "It will be in stock tomorrow". Knowing good and well that it wouldn't and the next co-worker would have to deal with the angry customer that came in for the product. Or when the customer would get pissed off on the phone and ask for your name, I would either say a very common name such as "Bob", or tell them my co-workers name " @C Pav ".

8:55 and suddenly it's time to call in with 1/2 hour worth of issues. (Friday evening and you work the next day Saturday at 8:00 AM)

@jmanz post reminds me of when I use to have the day off the next day, so to get rid of customers I would tell them "It will be in stock tomorrow". Knowing good and well that it wouldn't and the next co-worker would have to deal with the angry customer that came in for the product. Or when the customer would get pissed off on the phone and ask for your name, I would either say a very common name such as "Bob", or tell them my co-workers name " @C Pav ".
Dave pulled that one on me once. Guy calls the next day asking for me and he's all upset and I have no idea what he's talking about. Classic.

Wasn't very nice of me. :oops: A dirty trick for sure. Didn't the guy say, "I can see I'm not gonna get anywhere with you?"

I can't think of many, but this comes to mind. When I was mowing grasses during the summers to make extra money in high school, this lady who owned a rental property always wanted me back to mow this one lot. She always wanted it mowed and bagged, though I had to use my own supplies (she paid me I think $15 every two weeks, which I was happy). One day, I ran out of bags, and just shrugged my shoulders and dumped all the grass into a short row of shrubs on the property thinking nothing of it. I never got called back from her again, but I knew why.

Wasn't very nice of me. :oops: A dirty trick for sure. Didn't the guy say, "I can see I'm not gonna get anywhere with you?"
I think so hahahaha. I was thinking I was losing it because I couldn't remember the guy at all. And when he said he just called the day before, it didn't add up.

Heard from a source that that second story never worked and the server just kept on living...First job in high school never did anything bad but have a few stories to tell. One was we would always sneak a few bowls of knoephla soup on the days it was made. Working in the back where the dish washer area was near the food prep area made that easy.
I know the guys who did inventory would always steal several frozen mini pizzas when they came in on delivery.

Job I had before college there was water/ice in the deep fryer to see what would happen. Nothing as crazy as the chemicals as above nut still pretty dangerous as it bubbles and pops spewing hot grease everywhere.

Same job we would always sneak cookie dough and other stuff to snack on. Friend and I would go out back and throw eggs towards McDonalds. Many of times going into the freezer or cooler and punching boxes when mad. I got blamed for punching a box of eggs but was the other guy since I never would punch egg boxes.

Same job and friend. During the big WCW/WWE days when NWO was huge we would go around acting like NWO. The whole "2 sweet" thing and all. We used a flammable cooking spray, sprayed NWO on the tile floor and lit it on fire.

I remember a co-worker telling me to put a raw egg in a dish and microwave it. Didn't know what to expect util I heard the "pop". Fun cleaning that mess up. I also once punched and dented the microwave pretty good once.

Wrestling moves onto empty boxes in the back. I think I or another guy did a leaping elbow drop from a table onto a pile of empty boxes we were breaking down and taking out.

I have more.
The spraying NWO on the floor and lighting it on fire hahahahahahahahahaha

Most of our vendors were some pretty cool guys, use to get tons of free bags of chips, and all the milk products we wanted including icecream. But the breadman was another story. I got pissed at our bread delivery guy one early morning. I would have to unload truck and would have my pallet in the back room to unload. He was always a dick, and one morning moved my pallet out of the way. I got pissed so went outside and climbed up on the hood of the delivery truck and pissed on his windshield.

Most of our vendors were some pretty cool guys, use to get tons of free bags of chips, and all the milk products we wanted including icecream. But the breadman was another story. I got pissed at our bread delivery guy one early morning. I would have to unload truck and would have my pallet in the back room to unload. He was always a dick, and one morning moved my pallet out of the way. I got pissed so went outside and climbed up on the hood of the delivery truck and pissed on his windshield.
The guy's wipers nice and sticky. :LOL:

Back