Apple products and their iOS

By the way, this compounding is how Apple accounts for more than 50% of Berkshire Hathaway's portfolio. Buffett, Munger and company bought a large chunk in 2016 and more through 2018 when the valuation was more reasonable. If I remember right, their PE was around 16 or so then vs near 30 at today's levels.

With a lump sum of $20k considering stock splits and reinvested dividends, that is probably accurate yes. The compound effect is massive over the years. (especially early when they are growing north of 40% every year.)

"Over the past 20 years, Apple shares have generated a total return of roughly 50,720% compared to a 318% total return for the S&P 500 during that stretch. Those gains translate to a 36.6% compound annual growth rate for Apple compared to a 7.4% CAGR for the S&P 500 in that time."

If you go here:
https://stoculator.com/

I did two scenarios, both starting investment date of June 6th, 2007 with reinvesting dividends. The second scenario is more close to reality.

1). $20600 lump sum.
--$960,307 total
2) $600 original iPhone with 8gb, and average $1,177 per year as annual contribution to make up the $20,600 of purchases.
--$235,645 total.

FWIW, Grok comes up with ~$3.7mill for the first answer. I didn't spend much time fact checking though.

iOS 17.4 out!

Anyone else feel that iPads have really died off? I mean the whole tablet hype has really died off say vs. 10 years ago.

Anyone else feel that iPads have really died off? I mean the whole tablet hype has really died off say vs. 10 years ago.
And you'd be right. Tablets only have around 2% of device market share. Phones are just so much more handy for apps, and a laptop with a builtin keyboard and software compatibility can't be beat.

IMG_5933.jpeg

Last edited:
I've never owned an iPad, never found much need for one. Some people really like them though I guess.

Reminds me of the Netbook crazy that I lived though. People dumped their laptops and went to those. We couldn't stock them fast enough. They eventually died out. Which is what tablets are starting to do as well.

Probably due to all the NSA backdoors. ;)

I find it odd that Apple is now allowing emulators on their phones.

What were you saying again @jmanz ?

Back