Tesla and electric vehicles

Bulletproof? Sweet!

This made me think of the shatterproof glass incident during their presentation. I went back and watched that, good laughs.

I agree with this, they are fairly new to the market and the cost of repairs and parts will only starting to be coming out soon. I think once people realize they aren’t saving as much as they thought they were going to, the trend will wear off and they will go back to gasoline powered vehicles.

Remember hybrid vehicles in the early 2000s?  The cost to replace the batteries were just short of $10,000.  I believe there life span was 7-10 years max.  But hey, you always had the gas part if the batteries didn't work. 
Now with all electric, the costs will be much more and I think the life span isn't much better. And all those specialty electric parts have to be expensive. 

Remember hybrid vehicles in the early 2000s?  The cost to replace the batteries were just short of $10,000.  I believe there life span was 7-10 years max.  But hey, you always had the gas part if the batteries didn't work. 
Now with all electric, the costs will be much more and I think the life span isn't much better. And all those specialty electric parts have to be expensive. 
I agree and just look at how the prices have risen on household batteries. Why? Because now more and more things are using nickel and lithium and other precious metals to make these electric vehicles which is driving up the costs. Then let’s talk about mechanics. How many mechanics, or should I say techs are going to be in your local area trained to work on these? I mean most gas or diesel all work the same so mechanics can work on them, try asking them to replace a battery cell, and reprogram the computer to accept it or replace a fried circuit board. Nope. You will have to drive to another state to get things fixed. I hate to say it, it’s just not viable yet. I don’t hate them, I’m all for it, in a controlled and rolled out plan that would take many, many years. Not like they are doing with their “here deal with it” mentality. 

I wonder if this would really work?

image.png

Tesla’s new cyber truck looks good.

IMG_3903.png

No one is against electric vehicles. Make them between 30-40k and you have yourself a winner.

No one is against electric vehicles. Make them between 30-40k and you have yourself a winner.
Well, that and increase range, faster charging and have as many charging stations/locations as gas stations. Then you might have something.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s hard to compete with Tesla.

We were discussing electric vehicles yesterday and I was talking about how when the prices of these cars come down, and say get around the 40k mark and actually make it compete with other vehicles, more and more people in rural areas will be purchasing them. This will lead to increased load on the sub-stations. To counter this affect they will have to increase the size and add more infrastructure, which in return will raise the power rates. So eventually all that money you were saving by paying a cheaper power bill, with the new rates will just even itself back out in the long run. Early adopters will see the most benefits.

On a side note, I love the idea of no longer doing oil changes, or using any sort of fluids.

We were discussing electric vehicles yesterday and I was talking about how when the prices of these cars come down, and say get around the 40k mark and actually make it compete with other vehicles, more and more people in rural areas will be purchasing them. This will lead to increased load on the sub-stations. To counter this affect they will have to increase the size and add more infrastructure, which in return will raise the power rates. So eventually all that money you were saving by paying a cheaper power bill, with the new rates will just even itself back out in the long run. Early adopters will see the most benefits.

On a side note, I love the idea of no longer doing oil changes, or using any sort of fluids.
EV's will cost as much or more to use than gas powered vehicles in the long run, because that's how the universe works. Of course electricity prices will rise. People who can't see this coming are just kidding themselves or ignorant.

Ford better just give it up.

I don’t know I thought the Cyber Truck would look more different.

1694209519489.png

I was out of town and saw tons of Rivian trucks. I know they are the first company to put an electric truck model out there. I wonder how they will be affected by the Cyber truck now?

Back