Sleep experiment

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed or tried this before? Have you ever stayed up late only to feel more awake in the morning, than going to be early to get more sleep? I have noticed this the last few weeks and each time it seems to be accurate. If I stay up late then wake up in the morning I feel more "awake". But if I go to bed early one night the next morning I actually feel more tired than before. It seems to me that oversleeping makes you even more tired. Anyone else ever notice this?

Yes. It's a pretty fine balance. Go to bed too early and get too much sleep and it's just as bad or worse than if you go to bed really late and don't get enough. I think the number of hours a person needs to feel well rested varies for everyone. I can never get it right though. The number of times I wake up feeling rested and ready for the day when the alarm goes off are rare.

I can't sleep any later than about 8am anymore. Doesn't matter if I go to bed at 11pm or 2pm. I remember when I was in my early 20's staying up till about 4am and then sleeping till noon on occasion. Good old days lol

Ya the weekend always rolls around and I tell myself, "i'll stay up late and just sleep in tommorrow". Nope up before my normal wake up day for work. I still remember my dad getting mad cause I would sleep till 10 am. I don't even think I could force myself to sleep that long anymore.

Hmm.... I don't sleep in as long (as often anyway), but I can still pretty easily make it until 10. Stay up late enough and I can still sleep until noon or a little later

I experimented with this the last couple of days. Two nights before went to bed early. Woke up super tired. Last night stayed up late on purpose. Sure enough I was already awake before the alarm went off ready to go. I really think there is something to this.

I always feel better with more sleep than less sleep. I still cant bring myself to go to bed too terribly early though. Seems like I'm wasting time by sleeping

Back