Nostalgic memories with friends thread.

C Pav

Reaction score
This thread is for memories you recall with friends. Main reason is because soon a friend of near 13 years will be moving away. @nodle you will be missed so here it goes.

Remember always going over to Greene Drug to get snacks and drinks? Sharing pretzels while working on computers.

How about playing Hexic at work so much that when we closed our eyes all we saw was those stupid shapes.

The time there was that business after hours and all the left over food. We ate chicken wings and cheese for a week.

Wow at work.

Shortly after I started I got my Z and let you take it for lunch. I hardly knew you but knew I could trust you and was a better choice then Shrek.

Me buying that shuttle case for you to trade and got that sweet case and some other parts.

Me always needing your help with computer issues. No one better to learn from. I'll try to remember to plug in the power when it won't turn on.

New years having you over 2 different times. The first time was fine but the second time you poisoned me...

Halloween 2008 wife and I came over and playing rock band and eating Reeses peanut butter cups all night.

The time we came down and went swimming after dinner then played guitar hero then watched Borat.

I will add more as I think of them.

This makes me sad. :( I'll try to add some.

Telling all the new employees that you are gay.

Sitting on the back of your chair's head rest and holding onto you shoulders like a motorcycle.

Endless hours on MSN messenger.

Getting the capability to draw in Messenger and spending the whole day drawing dick pics.

You throwing the fan down the stairs.

You needed the Hazmat team to come in to dispose of your office chair.

Playing Guitar Hero and Gears of War at your Parents house.

Coming over to your apartment and seeing your new machine playing F.E.A.R.

Making marks on the wall for each time I helped you.

I do miss eating pretzels with you.

Going to Taco Johns almost on a weekly basis.

Me walking though the mall with you and saying "I bet you had fun with those" after seeing Shrek. (oh wait that wasn't me)

You coming into the work the next day saying "These pipes are clean"!

You eating the box of ants.

When you got your haircut like "The Situation".

You buying all the new handheld consoles and bringing them into work. I could always count on you to have them on day 1.

You purposely running the truck off the road so you didn't have to go on a service call.

Us going to cash our checks and going check out games at K-mart.

You getting busted for watching Family Guy full screen and the "pool" video saying that you already seen it.

I'll try to ad more later. :D

Don't be sad, we'll make it through this.

Remember our old servers upstairs that had failing drives and we would try to kill them off by removing drives while running?

Playing co op XBox 360 games - Gears of War, Gears of War 2 and Army of 2. Also playing PC games together such as Serious Sam, Battlefields and Kane and Lynch 2.

The taco bell hot sauce incident. Not to mention the many times we ate taco bell and regretted it but still came back for more.

Sharing music and other "movies".

G1zm0

Oh yeah, I recall getting the Nintendo DS and PSP at launch. The DS came out on a Sunday so ran to walmart when it opened at noon and nobody was there to get one but me. PSP was a Tuesday I think and same thing and nobody there to buy one.

Phone thrown in the garbage at work once....

The time I came back from a few days off or something and a prank was setup. @nodle came over and picked a laptop off the shelf and got pissed after reading the problem with it and threw it on the floor and destroyed it with kicks and stomps. I thought it was real but was a junker they setup to prank me.

Every time...EVERY TIME I requested days off, was on calendar and all that, boss would come back calling my name for a "fun" service call. @nodle would always have to say He is off today and boss would say oh yeah.

Putting together desk together and more fun having to move them onto the show floor.

Helping you take those large printers to business to deliver.

Flooring it in the old green car.

PVP and full dungeons at work.

You remoting in to home to keep your pages or torrents going.

Hiding behind doors at work from customers.

This post is for my brother @ryanator. If I am off on the details please correct me.

In grade school we would walk home from school pretty much all the time. He was in kindergarten and I was a few grades ahead. He woudl always walk home himself and beat me everyday.

One time when he was very young I guess he walked, in his diaper, to my grandmother's house which is like 10 blocks away. He scratched on the door and grandma heard it. I am pretty sure it really happened. We then had to get a fence and gate for our yard.

One time at play park in the summer I think he threw his stuft animal Dumbo over the fence into the ditch area. I remember going to get it.

Playing whiffle ball in the backyard then moved to the front street Also the many other baseball like games we played. He invented can ball where he crushed a can flat and that was the ball. Had an old small wood bat and would play ion the backyard.

Playing catch in the backyard and wearing down the grass in our spots.

Digging and making a big mud hole in the backyard and playing in it.

Playing video games together. When one woudl play the other would watch and play something else in the room.

The many games of Super Batters Up against each other.

Our all time favorite going to the ball fields and hitting baseballs.

Walking in near blizzard conditions to walmart or kmart to buy I think NBA Jam TE edition...can't recall what game it was.

Riding bikes to McDonalds and egtting value meals. Also to Taco Bell and then to walmart and mall to look at things.

Your first homerun, against me, at the Lincoln "field" Sorry about being a jerk about. Should have been proud and happy for you but hey big dumb brother....

Final Fantasy VII. Our mom bought it for us along with the guide in Bismarck. I remember waking up and there it was on the table. I worked at Perkins after graduating high school and he was still in school. I had the day off but promised him I would not play it and let him play it first when he got home.

Playing catch in the front street. Football and baseball. One time he threw a high one way past me and the ball hit and dented a car. SO close to the window but hit the metal between the windows.

More to come when I remember them.

For @jmanz .

Wearing static wrist straps at work.

You shocking that laptop and messing the guys BIOS up.

You coming over to our little apartment and little tv and watching Donnie Darko.

You and your unhealthy relationship with Age of Empires.

First day of work together replacing cd-roms all day.

Your green car coming into work.

This post is for my brother @ryanator. If I am off on the details please correct me.In grade school we would walk home from school pretty much all the time. He was in kindergarten and I was a few grades ahead. He woudl always walk home himself and beat me everyday. I do remember that :) One time when he was very young I guess he walked, in his diaper, to my grandmother's house which is like 10 blocks away. He scratched on the door and grandma heard it. I am pretty sure it really happened. We then had to get a fence and gate for our yard.

Yep, like the song, Born to Run, it was said I first learned how to run, imagine a baby getting up on their tippy toes and trying to walk, but to keep my balance I would be running with the momentum.

One time at play park in the summer I think he threw his stuft animal Dumbo over the fence into the ditch area. I remember going to get it.

I remember Dumbo, but the scaring memory I remember was when Dad threw it on a hot coil stove top and scorched the ear. I found it just a few months ago with the charcoaled scar.

Playing whiffle ball in the backyard then moved to the front street Also the many other baseball like games we played. He invented can ball where he crushed a can flat and that was the ball. Had an old small wood bat and would play ion the backyard. Those were the days, that's why I became such a good hitter, probably one if not the best in my teens, but sucked at fielding.

Playing catch in the backyard and wearing down the grass in our spots. Yep :) , also remember the few spots I made throwing a tennis ball against the concrete backsteps, and my crushed can ball.

Digging and making a big mud hole in the backyard and playing in it. This is why I get patient with children, and think kids being kids, hey we did the same things. Payback will happen soon with our own.

Playing video games together. When one woudl play the other would watch and play something else in the room. I remember and appreciate you always being patient and letting me play first, especially on the Final Fantasy's and other big hits.

The many games of Super Batters Up against each other. That game was played to death, I even put an emulator on the arcade machine, but doesn't play as nice on joystick controls, so I would plug in the usb controller.

Our all time favorite going to the ball fields and hitting baseballs. We probably averaged 3 days a week or something in the summer. We would go out there every chance we got even in spring and fall. I remember us playing until almost dark sometimes. Then we always had to look and retrieve our homerun balls in the ditches or shrubs... or you running after the kid you thought took it (if I recall correctly).

Walking in near blizzard conditions to walmart or kmart to buy I think NBA Jam TE edition...can't recall what game it was. I remember walking all the time in freezing weather with you or a couple of friends. I even rode bike in the winter sometimes, but not often.

Riding bikes to McDonalds and egtting value meals. Also to Taco Bell and then to walmart and mall to look at things. All the time, usually right after getting paid from our paper routes. $100+ was a lot in kid money, it was like winning the lotto.

Your first homerun, against me, at the Lincoln "field" Sorry about being a jerk about. Should have been proud and happy for you but hey big dumb brother.... No worries, we must have been jealous of each other for some reason growing up. I remember the great filling I would get from being such a good hitter. I even hit the first two homeruns in Babe Ruth Baseball league at 14 years old for our team.

Final Fantasy VII. Our mom bought it for us along with the guide in Bismarck. I remember waking up and there it was on the table. I worked at Perkins after graduating high school and he was still in school. I had the day off but promised him I would not play it and let him play it first when he got home. Like I said above, I don't know how you did it, very appreciated that you would even wait for me to play first even though I wasn't home, and I wouldn't have cared. I just remember that when we both came home with a game, you would let me play first.

Playing catch in the front street. Football and baseball. One time he threw a high one way past me and the ball hit and dented a car. SO close to the window but hit the metal between the windows. The tan colored sedan, good times. It was a nice dent...like the one you put with a baseball in the living room wall inches from my head (still there).

More to come when I remember them.

For @jmanz .Wearing static wrist straps at work.You shocking that laptop and messing the guys BIOS up.

You coming over to our little apartment and little tv and watching Donnie Darko.

You and your unhealthy relationship with Age of Empires.

First day of work together replacing cd-roms all day.

Your green car coming into work.
Haha memories. The Intrepid was black though, not green.I remember you driving me crazy listening to Coheed all day.

All of your cd's with various pc utilities.

When you got engaged.

Kent and his Macs, and the guy who always came in with questions regarding them.

Those damn printers and desks.

Those junker work vehicles and how we rodded on them.

Those ancient computer games on the wall they were still selling for $50.

For @jmanz

Syncing our GnR to play at the same time

Not wanting our current wives to talk to dudes at college.

Good eye sniper!

For @jmanzSyncing our GnR to play at the same timeNot wanting our current wives to talk to dudes at college.

Good eye sniper!
We also synced songs to play at the same time.THe first test at ESP was always installing a cd rom.

For @C Pav

One time there were these two chickens...

Calling you different names each day. Corn chowder, Corn dog, slutbuckets.

Making that huge picture of Gizmo on the wall at work. (I can still see the tape spots as I type).

The freak out by the workers at Taco Bell

Empty Wendys.

Walmart at lunch time for games.

For @C PavOne time there were these two chickens...Calling you different names each day. Corn chowder, Corn dog, slutbuckets.

Making that huge picture of Gizmo on the wall at work. (I can still see the tape spots as I type).

The freak out by the workers at Taco Bell

Empty Wendys.

Walmart at lunch time for games.
haha, YES!

Few more for my brother @ryanator:

Remember when we cleaned the bb gun and the spring for the safety got lost? Rememeber that time I was pumping it and accidently shot out the window and told dad I slipped and the bat broke it? Thanks for not telling him it was the bb gun.

Buying fireworks after getting paid from paper route.

The time I hit a tennis ball through the kitchen windows from the backyard with a wood bat.

The time I made that box fort to hide behind from mom because the neighbor called the cops for fireworks.

Making our own homemade rigged fireworks.

Going from dial up to DSL...also getting digital cable and watching tech tv.

Going to movies together like Encino Man, Terminator 3, I think Waynes World 2 and others I forget.

I remember you driving me crazy listening to Coheed all day.
Guess who is going to see them in concert soon? :p

I pulled them up on youtube last night for old times sake. Yup, just as awful as I remember!

Man now I'm listening to A Favor House Atlantic and Blood Red Summer and memories are hitting me hard. You burnt that special DVD for me with a few videos on it and I used to play them in my 350Z on that sweet system I had in it. I'm sad now missing those single easier times. Then I had to play the other song I also played quite a bit when you burnt me the CD I think, New Found Glory - All Down Hill From Here. :(

When Messenger release their drawing portion (back before texting), and we drew dicks pics for the entire day to all our friends.

Back