Ice ice baby

Well hate to bump this thread but it's almost that time again. They already had their first snowfall in a town about 45 miles west of here last weekend. I have noticed that temps are starting to stay cooler especially at night.

yXLTuUFF82rIw-r-gEaiwW5xtfufkgZkH59HI_lxBIc.jpg

She's a cool one today. That wind is rawwwwwww when you aren't used to it yet.

Our mountains are snow capped around here. We sure got a ton of rain though. Think we got like 4.2 inches in the last couple of days. Suppose to warm back up this weekend.

Might not get much of a winter this year. It's been beautiful here. Suppose to be in the 60s all weekend and nice for a few weeks coming up. Loving it!

This is what usually happens before terrible winters, the weather is the same here.  They've been calling for a worse winter in the midwest, hopefully they are wrong.

Sounds like we got some snow headed our way towards the end of the week. Hope it stays in Montana :D

Sounds like we got some snow headed our way towards the end of the week. Hope it stays in Montana :D
Ya suppose to hit Thursday here. Hoping it blows over to ND. I know how you guys love that stuff.

I heard some of our Members awoke to a winter wonderland this morning?

Looks like you guys are gonna get hit again. Bone dry here, just some frost on my car window this morning. I don't miss that crap.

Calling for some snow this weekend. Around 3 inches I think. Next week were suppose to be cold though.

UJZs9oq.jpg

Had -11 this morning when I woke up. Coldest I have seen since I have lived here. But we also don't get the wind chill or the humidity. So I don't think it's to bad.

Got some snow last night here, probably 4-5 inches on the ground. Suppose to get cold here tomorrow and Saturday.

Still warm out enough to pop the top down.

6Hzyw1I.jpg

A word of warning. Don't be stupid with your hands/body with all this cold. I went out last night with my snowblower and had some thick insulated gloves one. They started getting wet and I had a real thin pair of gloves on that i put on and then put the larger ones on over top of them. I though "I should get double warm right"? Wrong I couldn't move my fingers very well and basically cut off the circulation. Then I kept pushing myself to bear it just a little more and more. Finally I couldn't do it anymore and I probably came to the closet I have to frostbite than I ever have, my fingertips were almost black. Kinda panicked me because I thought of not being able to use a computer anymore or play wow ;) Then when I went back out since the larger gloves were wet I went ahead and wore the thinner pair. You know what my hands stayed more warm in the smaller thinner pair than the larger ones. Because of MORE circulation. So be careful out there this year.

A word of warning. Don't be stupid with your hands/body with all this cold. I went out last night with my snowblower and had some thick insulated gloves one. They started getting wet and I had a real thin pair of gloves on that i put on and then put the larger ones on over top of them. I though "I should get double warm right"? Wrong I couldn't move my fingers very well and basically cut off the circulation. Then I kept pushing myself to bear it just a little more and more. Finally I couldn't do it anymore and I probably came to the closet I have to frostbite than I ever have, my fingertips were almost black. Kinda panicked me because I thought of not being able to use a computer anymore or play wow ;) Then when I went back out since the larger gloves were wet I went ahead and wore the thinner pair. You know what my hands stayed more warm in the smaller thinner pair than the larger ones. Because of MORE circulation. So be careful out there this year.
Yes I also must say be smart and safe. Other morning went out for only maybe 10 minutes to "quickly" move a little snow with no hat on because just got done getting ready for work and didn't want to mess hair up. Windy with below zero temps is not good for the ears. I too was very close to frostbite. They hurt and were really red for several days. Now I always wear my hat no matter what.

I did something similar as well.  My hands were cold, especially my thumbs, to the point of immense pain and remained red for quite a while and cold for quite a bit the other day as well.  The coldest water from the faucet felt warm when trying to warm up a bit.  Tried to just clear the driveway quickly with the snow blower.  Had winter coat, a hood (no hat) on my head, thin gloves and normal wear lightweight tennis shoes on.  When I bundle up in my boots and better winter gear my hands tend to stay plenty warm with the same gloves, but it may have just been colder than I realized as well.  either way I just "pushed through it" to get the driveway and sidewalk done, but in hindsight wish I had taken 5 extra minutes to put on the proper attire before hand and remove after.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought some awesome "Climawarm" gloves that Adidas makes this fall for the sideline at games. I've worn them this winter while shoveling and snowblowing and my hands have yet to get cold. They are relatively thin and aren't too expensive. Plus, they make me look svelt. http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2535649/mens-adidas-saranac-gloves.jsp?ci_mcc=ci&utm_campaign=MENS BRANDED SPORT&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=google&utm_product=18011696&CID=shopping15&gclid=CjwKEAiA79zDBRCgyf2FgeiY-CESJABzr0BMZhaZWU8Pfbl4JapSM6dUG4qD0fULg_Fcdt14UKO_jRoCSs7w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CPnSq_eWvdECFYcuaQodagsO9Q

Back