Changes in foods, snacks and drinks that are no longer as good as used to be

C Pav

Reaction score
Anyone else notice changes in foods, snacks and drinks making them not as good? I have a few examples.

Twizzlers. Used to be soft and had good flavor. Now are harder and the flavor seems "off". Especially the cherry bites. Used to love them. They had a certain softness when you bit them and the flavor was good. Not hard and lack the flavor they once had. Same for the regular strawberry twists but those seem decent flavor wise.

Mountain Dew. Used to enoy the flavor and slight "bite" it had. Maybe it's more fountain versions that had lesds a watered down sugar flavor but seems used to be more crisp and flavorful.

Doritos. Maybe it's just a bag to bag difference but sometimes they seem over fried and crunchy and not a nice crunch plus less flavor. I have had some bags though that stil turn out good. Maybe just a batch to batch production thing.

I'll probably think of something to add here but I will say the packaging sure has gone downhill for this stuff. I'm sure it's due to some green environment BS but I remember the days when you could open a bag of chips without worrying about having it shredded like Hulk Hogan's shirt.

I don't think Cheez-Its taste the same like the used to anymore. They taste bland. Probably being made with all bugs now.

I don't think Cheez-Its taste the same like the used to anymore. They taste bland. Probably being made with all bugs now.
The flavor-blasted xtra cheddar goldfish aren't too shabby. Youngest likes those.

The flavor-blasted xtra cheddar goldfish aren't too shabby. Youngest likes those.
Haha they are very good. Addicted to them now. Snacked on some before coming back to work a little bit a go actually.

Haha they are very good. Addicted to them now. Snacked on some before coming back to work a little bit a go actually.
Yes it's easy to grab a handful of those little buggers now and then!

I think aside from high fructose corn syrup that maltodextrin is also bad for your digestive system and metabolism. I have been trying to cut out anything with maltodextrin in it, will see how it goes this year.

Back