Stocks and investments

I think it was Buffett, or maybe Munger, that said if you can't stand to see your investments drop by 50% on a given day don't be in the stock market.

Well it looks like another American icon Toys'R'Us is now dead. Long live my Saturday morning dream of the ultimate toy store. We actually had one but was very far from where we lived. So when we got to go there as kids it was amazing!

It's the pension plans that are tied to yields. They will absolutely explode if there's a large correction. A huge chunk are already under water. All the years of low interest forced them into high yield / high risk positions.

Well it looks like another American icon Toys'R'Us is now dead. Long live my Saturday morning dream of the ultimate toy store. We actually had one but was very far from where we lived. So when we got to go there as kids it was amazing!
Amazon just got a little stronger.

Sounds like old Marky has been dumping some serious Facebook stocks the days before all this broke, how is that not insider trading?

Keep an eye out on grains and maybe corn etc. Sounds like China might be introducing tariffs of tier own in retaliation of Trumps.

China is preparing to hit back at trade offensives from Washington with tariffs aimed at President Donald Trump’s support base, including levies targeting U.S. agricultural exports from Farm Belt states, according to people familiar with the matter.
Source

It sounds like Trump's comments about Amazon.com hurt their stock today.

Not having made a profit one time in 15 years will force some change. Or at least it should. Maybe he's going to get serious now.
I doubt it, the guy owns his own space company and flame thrower company. He is almost like a Bond villain.giphy.gif

I have been reading quite a bit about the new tariffs that will go in effect with China. Expect to see a 20-25% increase in your electronics. At first I thought it was a joke but I have been starting to get emails from places that sell electronics saying that their prices will increase by so and so date because of the new tariffs. It's not just with electronics but with other things as well such used cars etc. I understand why he is doing it though. He wants these companies to open up shop here and do business and provide jobs and pay taxes. While I am all for that, I kinda feel like it is to late to try to go backwards and it takes years for business to startup and even then they will never be able to compete with China's 10 cents per hour rate. We did it to ourselves and I don't think there is any going backwards.

For you stock lovers out there, might want to look into the electronics scooter crazy hitting major cities right now like Bird. I think it could be the next big thing, if it's not already to late.

For you stock lovers out there, might want to look into the electronics scooter crazy hitting major cities right now like Bird. I think it could be the next big thing, if it's not already to late.
I don't think that is a public stock at the moment. Looks like a startup company not that long ago but somebody could buy them I suppose. I see Uber is partnering with some scooter company in Europe.

Back