Amazon and shipping

I don't think they've laid off hardly anyone in comparison to all they hired during covid. The amount they have laid off would be a drop in the bucket to total employees. So far anyways.
Well, something has changed, that was 6 other people that noticed as well. From reading other forums only, others have noticed as well. Something has changed internally. It's like they realized they can't afford the people/shipping anymore and said screw it. Give it a few months, I wouldn't be surprised if their earnings drop.

Well, something has changed, that was 6 other people that noticed as well. From reading other forums only, others have noticed as well. Something has changed internally. It's like they realized they can't afford the people/shipping anymore and said screw it. Give it a few months, I wouldn't be surprised if their earnings drop.
Their earnings will likely go up if they did fire more people and also because of their charging more for ad free Prime. Surprising how that can boost the bottom line quickly. To me, it seems like their shipping goes in streaks. It's super fast for awhile, then slows down a bit...Goes in cycles over the years.

Glad I am not the only one that has noticed lately.

I just received my air filter ordered for my car in the mail at lunch. Amazon did not put it even in a box, just slapped a sticker on it. Box is shredded, air filter just laying outside of it in no plastic wrap. I mean who knows how long it's been like that, and I kind of need the air filter clean. I got on Amazon support and they just refunded me the whole amount. Which is great and all, but now I am forced to either re-order and hope that they put it in a box, or just go buy local.

Meanwhile Amazon stock up over 9% after earnings report this afternoon.

Ordered something from Amazon last night and it showed up already at the door this morning :oops:

The last couple of packages I ordered came on time, or even a day before. They must be catching up or the robots are getting faster.

The last couple of packages I ordered came on time, or even a day before. They must be catching up or the robots are getting faster.
Seems like it is super fast for awhile, then slogs down a bit, then back to fast again. Overall still a great service IMO.

Back