All things related to the Xbox platforms

Netflix for games.  It's a grand idea.  There's already similar things, like EA Access for $30 a year that gives you older EA games.  At $10 a month it isn't too expensive, but it's going to depend what the catalog looks like when it launches or over time.  It's a rotational catalog, so one month you might have this set of 100 games and the next month 20 of those leave and are replaced with others and you can only play the ones in the catalog that month.  I'll be interested to see what kind of games show up.  How many 3rd parties, how many fairly recent AAA vs. indie, distribution of Xbox One vs. 360 games, and so on.
I think it is a novel idea that has huge potential.  We'll just see how it goes.  I suspect at launch it may appear underwhelming until they can get enough subscribers to convince publishers to put games in the catalog for a month or two (while in catalog subs get a discount, so it could drive purchases if you put it in for a month or two and then take it out).
Don't they already have something like this though? I mean isn't this just like PS+ but on a larger scale with more games?

Don't they already have something like this though? I mean isn't this just like PS+ but on a larger scale with more games?
No, this is not PS+.  On Xbox you have Games With Gold (the thing PS+ is a copy of).  You get 2 free Xbox One games a month and two free Xbox 360 games a month.  The 360 games are always back compat games, so all 4 can be played on Xbox One.Both Games With Gold (GwG) and PS+ offerings are "permanent" once they have been offered, as long as you keep your Gold or PS+ subscription active.  You "bought" the games and can continue to play that game as long as you have your gold/PS membership active.  THe exception to that is the 360 games which you actually permanently own with no strings attached.

The Xbox Game Pass is different.  It is like Netflix.  You pay your monthly subscription and you can play whatever games are in the catalog (a lot more games than offered to Gold/PS+ members).  If a game is taken out of the catalog you can no longer play it (much different than the GwG or PS+ games that you could keep playing after you "bought").  Just like Netflix, when they have movies in their catalog you can watch them, once they take them out of the catalog you'd have to go buy it in a store to watch it, you can't keep watching just because you watched it when they had it.

Also, I think since my last post it was made public that this is $10 a month.  So depending on what's in the catalog that could be a pretty darn good deal.  Most games are $60 at launch, so for the price of two games a year you have a year long subscription to play whatever you want from the catalog.  It will obviously NOT be full of brand new games, but certainly could have some of the big name games from the previous year or earlier in a given year.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL I don't even...!!! Still getting your Sony nut hugging news from Forbes. Look I agree Sony sells way more. Always has and always will because Asia going to Asia and SOny going to Sony (and other such areas).  I said it before and will say it for the last time. Enjoy your effing games and forget console wars. That is all.

Do you agree with this?
You must had missed this line at the top. I never said anything about Sony, just asking if you agreed with the report? I haven't touched either system in a long time. I had no clue they were double in sales until I read the article.

No I did not miss that much like how I never missed nor forgot your seemingly dislike of Microsoft and the XBox, love of Sony because "it's more powerful" and your continued giving a care about which system does better.

Look I'm just being difficult so I am joking some with you...just like the joke of an article.

Dam the Japanese really don't like the xbox do they?

Dam the Japanese really don't like the xbox do they?
No they do not.  I'm not entirely sure why, but the lack of support from JRPG titles I think is a fairly large part of the reason.  The PS4 has sold more consoles, but "game over for Xbox" as the title says (i'm not even going to dignify the click bait title with reading it) is complete BS and sounds like normal fan boy links that show up regarding PS4 vs. Xbox

but the lack of support from JRPG titles I think is a fairly large part of the reason.  
This was quite the opposite back in the 360 days.

Did that cartoon game ever come out for the Xbox One yet @ndboarder?

Did that cartoon game ever come out for the Xbox One yet @ndboarder?
Nope, I have no clue what has happened to Cuphead.  Continual delays - very much like Below.  The guys responsible for Below are actually working on another project too, so not sure.  I'd think for both of these anticipated indie games the devs would want to get their products out and get some sales.  Reminds me of Duke Nukem Forever that sat in constant dev, start over and dev again and if it ever sees light of day it won't live up to expectations.I derailed a bit there, but Cuphead was originally just suppose to be boss fights and mechanics, I think last I head they were moving more toward full platformer type game levels and end boss or boss levels.

Nope, I have no clue what has happened to Cuphead.  Continual delays - very much like Below.  The guys responsible for Below are actually working on another project too, so not sure.  I'd think for both of these anticipated indie games the devs would want to get their products out and get some sales.  Reminds me of Duke Nukem Forever that sat in constant dev, start over and dev again and if it ever sees light of day it won't live up to expectations.I derailed a bit there, but Cuphead was originally just suppose to be boss fights and mechanics, I think last I head they were moving more toward full platformer type game levels and end boss or boss levels.
Well thanks for the updated info. The funny part is this is the game that made me buy an Xbox One in the first place.

I still need to get Transformers Devastation

here's the deal here gene

I crossed my pc gaming over to m$ from a machine that was primarily used to run Blizzard games. I have had a few clips removed because of their content I suppose. I get sick of the censorship

I need to finish so many games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought Xb1 Diablo 3 Expansion. Pretty psyched for that too.

Getting the hang of Necromancer (Diablo III) on XB1. On my first Hardcore attempt, I was glitched trying the achievement "Game of Bones" and lost my first Necro at 19. I might have already mentioned this. They may have fixed it (I'll try later, because there's now a slightly higher unlock rate for the achievement).

Still gotta get Transformers: Devastation done. Still just past Mixmaster and Longhaul I think.

Well, the Xbox One X launches today.   I've been beta testing one for a few months now.   4K visuals weren't really there for most of the beta, but have been rolling out in games like crazy the past few days, so I look forward to seeing how those look on my 4K TV.   The super sampling of 1080p games to make them look better was apparent and the increase in load times with the more powerful console was dramatic.  I could always tell which of my other friends were also testing an X, because they were the only ones that would load into areas of games at the same time I did and not 10-15 seconds later.

Back