All things Obamacare

I'm glad people are finally starting to see through this but it is almost too late. Most people are too busy watching the celebrities on TV instead of finding out about things that will actually impact their own lives. This is bad, very bad.

What happens if I don't get coverage?

A. If you do not have the minimum level of coverage and do not qualify for an exemption, you must pay a penalty to the IRS at the end of the tax year. The penalty for the first year is up to $95 per adult and $47.50 per child, or 1 percent of family income, whichever is greater.

The fine, however, increases over time and in 2016 will be as much as $695 per adult and $347 per child (up to $2,085 for a family) or 2.5 percent of family income, whichever is greater.

The amount you owe will be pro-rated to reflect the number of months you were without coverage.

I did an online calculation tool for me and my wife. If our work didn't provide us health insurance it says it would cost us about $8,000 per year. WTF! how would that even be possible? That;s just the first year. Has America lost it? Do they not understand that they state that this country is in that people can't afford this?

They should force it upon the President and Congress to use it. The reason why they don't is because it is too expensive for them. Well if it's too expensive for them, how does the rest of the country fare?

What comes next is more stress because people can't come up with the money. Then follows an over abundance of crime from people trying to get the money. Then comes our prisons filling up even more, followed but all the people being put in jail since they can't afford the fines. I feel as if this may be the first step in the fall of America.

Wait why do we have sign ups today for Obamacare? It's not even a law yet? I know he says it's to late, but isn't that what this shutdown is about?

drrIBe4.jpg

Does the government shutdown mean we don't have to pay taxes for the days they aren't working???

Does the government shutdown mean we don't have to pay taxes for the days they aren't working???
Lol, that's how it should be, the IRS should have a new field for that on next years 1040.

None of this will matter in the near future with me, I'll be headed out of the U.S. in a week for a year.

None of this will matter in the near future with me, I'll be headed out of the U.S. in a week for a year.
Jealous sir. If I was single and not tied down I would be out of here so fast.

But in a year if you come back and stay here, it will!

But in a year if you come back and stay here, it will!
True, but by that time maybe obamacare will be abolished totally. I better start my enrollment prep :)

The whole thing is a flipping mess. I am absolutely appalled by it. I can understand car insurance. Driving is a privilege and you don't have to drive. You can walk, bike, ride a bus, train etc. So I understand the prospect of paying insurance for this. But for the life of me how you can force a human to carry health care or be fined, or even thown in jail for not having it is beyond me. Basically I am paying a tax to live. This is still a a free country right? WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU AMERICA?

Here comes the scare tactics.

With 70 percent of National Security Agency employees currently furloughed because of the government shutdown, top intelligence officials warned Congress Wednesday that the ongoing funding lapse could be putting national security at risk."The damage will be insidious," Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said at a hearing of the Senate Judiciary Committee. "Each day that goes by, the jeopardy increases. This is a dreamland for foreign intelligence services to recruit."
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/02/20788300-top-official-warns-shutdown-is-dreamland-for-foreign-intel-services?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1

Ko2ho6c.jpg

Back