Robot vacuum cleaners

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does have a Roomba or a similar robot vacuum cleaner? I saw a generic one yesterday and it seemed pretty cool. Seems like the official Roombas are the top of the line though. I don't think they are a full replacement for a vacuum cleaner, but for some quick detailing here in there it looks like they would work quite well. They even have ones that mop for you now.

https://www.irobot.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Does have a Roomba or a similar robot vacuum cleaner? I saw a generic one yesterday and it seemed pretty cool. Seems like the official Roombas are the top of the line though. I don't think they are a full replacement for a vacuum cleaner, but for some quick detailing here in there it looks like they would work quite well. They even have ones that mop for you now.

https://www.irobot.com/
Don't have one but probably makes sense if you have animals in the house.

Last edited by a moderator:
The vacuums work pretty well; however floors have to be generally clean and obstacles removed. If you have kids and toys all over a floor, having any kind of schedule isn't going to work well, as you would need to go around and pick up most things on the floor before it runs. They don't have the brush or suction power of a good upright, but if ran often enough keeps things pretty clean. Wouldn't work in our place, but have some older relatives that rely on these now rather than having to lug/push around a heavy vacuum. The ones where the charging dock also empties the canister are even better, since it makes it even simpler to use, and if you have a real large / dirty space it can empty itself part way through and then resume rather than waiting on human intervention to empty it before continuing.

The ones where the charging dock also empties the canister are even better
Ya saw those model, more spendy but really cool.

If you have kids and toys all over a floor, having any kind of schedule isn't going to work well
Well this is the story of my life.

Well this is the story of my life.
Yep, and just like using a normal vacuum, you'd have to pick up their stuff before it could really do the job

Ran the Roomba the first time tonight. Pretty awesome! I ran it for just 15 minutes to see how it was going to work, and how it would find its way home. It sure enough did. I also emptied the compartment to see what it picked up. Crazy for just 15 minutes what it picked up. Awesome technology and I highly approve. Especially if you have a lot of hard wood floors.

Ran the Roomba the first time tonight. Pretty awesome! I ran it for just 15 minutes to see how it was going to work, and how it would find its way home. It sure enough did. I also emptied the compartment to see what it picked up. Crazy for just 15 minutes what it picked up. Awesome technology and I highly approve. Especially if you have a lot of hard wood floors.
You forgot the part about having to vacuum before you vacuumed.

You forgot the part about having to vacuum before you vacuumed.
Wanted to see what it would pick up vs. a regular vacuum. Pretty impressed by it to be honest.

Talked the boss into ordering a Roomba today for the office.

My office environment is very dirty here. The vacuum has only run twice in the evenings and it's doing an awesome job. A great investment here at work.

So, we have run our Roomba here at work for a year now, and I must say it has changed everything around here. We no longer have to sweep. It does require daily Maintenace. I have to blow out the air compressor daily, and once a week I blow the entire thing out. I have had to replace a part under warranty and call into support once for a problem. Support has been great though. We abuse this thing; our break room and office is a dirtier than normal environment. I have had to order replacement filters and bushes here and there. As long as you blow out the filters, they will last a long time. We will be ordering another here when the Black Fridays deal hit for our break room, so we no longer have to share it.

Geez I wonder what happened here?

Back