PS4 review...in progress

MLB 14 finally finished installing and I played a quick home run derby at lunch. Graphics are a little better but need to play an actual game to get a full feel of the game as well as controller.

I think I need to come over to check out this Child of Light game to get me moving on getting a system. ;)

Come over tonight....but I won't let you in unless you bring me games.

Come over tonight....but I won't let you in unless you bring me games.
Can't tonight but may be able to swing over after work tomorrow for a little bit if your around.

I'll bring something but it's for your wife

in my pants.

I setup mine last night. Not to much in the box, machine, controller, small headphones, and power cable that's about it. Machine is nice and slim. Next to my PS3 its half the thickness. Makes my PS3 look like a monster. Easy to setup just plug in HDMI and power cable and that's it. No large power brick (*cough xbox one). Powered it up went though setup. Had to attach cable once just like @C Pav said. After that your good to go. It detected the new firmware. It came down and installed fast. Way better than the PS3, way better. Logged into my PSN account and it pulled in my friends etc. Started two demos, but dam they took along time to download. Might had been my connection though. Played though the demos of Trine and Trials again. The menus are easy to navigate. Way better than the PS3 on the friends page etc. One cool feature is the whole live thing. You can go in and watch people playing games live. There was someone playing the new Wolfenstein game. Then I sat there for awhile and watched a girl playing Second Son for awhile. People can chat on the side and she was talking to them. It was actually kinda fun. So far so good. Now just need to pick a game to purchase and really start to test it out. @ndboarder greatness awaits!

"No Large power brick" - so the biggest plus is that you can set your coffee cup on the PS4 and keep it piping hot

"No Large power brick" - so the biggest plus is that you can set your coffee cup on the PS4 and keep it piping hot
6y20zEx.jpgActually I went up after playing a game and rested my hand on the back to see if it was warm. I felt nothing.

Oh forgot to add. The light on the PS4's controller works great as a flashlight lol. The dryer beeped and I walked into the laundry room and it worked great as a flashlight. :p

I think you could get much better flashlights for less than $399

If I had an xbox one the power brick alone could generate enough power to power my whole house without the need for a flashlight.

Dat Rain.

14069266601_bc0b70483b_o.jpg

Thought I would add that in my first review I don't know if I complained about the download speed the first night I got it, but demos seemed to take a long time. Well it must had been my internet that night because I downloaded two digital games last night and they came down fast.

Charged my controller last night also. it's got a neat glow effect when charging.

I do like some of the neat extra features of the controller like the light(ok doesn't do anythign really but it's cool because COLORS) and the touchpad "button". Not a fan of the position and design of the options and share button but the large touch pad button is nice to use.

I do like some of the neat extra features of the controller like the light(ok doesn't do anythign really but it's cool because COLORS) and the touchpad "button". Not a fan of the position and design of the options and share button but the large touch pad button is nice to use.
I would sometimes have my finger slip and hit the options button when playing nba2K. Somewhat annoying but I do like the controller much better all in all.

@C Pav asked me the other day if I had buyers remorse. You know I can't really say I have. The ps4 just feels right. The controller feels good. I have tons of games I want to play even at this early stage too.

The only remorse you should feel is not getting it sooner!

Back