My retirement blog.

One thing is of course, no one can control outside factors in life.  The world has a lot of tension today, and I'm not really optimistic of the future's economy.  Also, our own health can take a dive and make things tough quick. 

It's not like I'm rich or anything, I have a wife and future kid planned, which is where most people have no choice to work, because how can you support all of that?  That's why I saved as much as possible to extend major life events and hopefully fill in with other minimal income. 

[QUOTE='ryanator]Also, our own health can take a dive and make things tough quick. 
[/QUOTE]At least you're young enough to enjoy the time then. I can't tell you how many people I know retire and within 5 years they are dead. What was the point then? They never got to enjoy it.

One way to look at it is you can always go back to work, or even temporarily, but this time you can take on a job or hours that you want to do without pressure of just accepting one. I am happy for you. Then you have someone like me that will have to work until I die, and then must hire myself to bury myself. My only hope is the apocalypse happening.  

Back