Metal detectors

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Strange I thought I made a thread awhile back, but I guess not. Anyways I have been wanting a metal detector for quite some time now. I came across a deal, and while not the exact one I wanted, this one is plenty for me now. I got to play with it this weekend. I tried it in my back yard. My first find was just a piece of iron from an old bracelet. Then I turned on discrimination and went after the good stuff. I found a penny at first, then a dime, then my best find of all, and antique toy truck about 8 inches down in the gound from the 60's made in England. Pretty cool. Some little kid must had played with it back then. Plus being about 8 inches down in the ground a lot of time has passed. Anyways pretty happy for what it is. Now I just need to get me a pin pointer to go along with it. Can't wait to try it out in other places.

I had to use one to find my property pins at the old house when we put up a fence. Worked ok but took awhile.

You'll be doing beaches and old train depots before long. Gold..............

Beaches would be great, there are a lot of ghost towns around here to try out.

Strange I thought I made a thread awhile back, but I guess not.
I thought you did too?? I thought you updated it with many posts about your adventures of finding things here and there.
There's also a post I can't find which someone posted about some TV show's episode of someone bringing in their maple syrup into a restaurant, and thought it might be Seinfeld. I said it wasn't and I think was Friends. However, it happened to be a Seinfeld episode with Courtney Cox as Jerry's girlfriend. I can't find it for the life of me.

I thought you did too?? I thought you updated it with many posts about your adventures of finding things here and there.There's also a post I can't find which someone posted about some TV show's episode of someone bringing in their maple syrup into a restaurant, and thought it might be Seinfeld. I said it wasn't and I think was Friends. However, it happened to be a Seinfeld episode with Courtney Cox as Jerry's girlfriend. I can't find it for the life of me.
Please see this thread...

https://fluxoid.com/threads/the-mandela-effect.11243/

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a fun time last night, broke out my metal detector last night because my Daughter wanted to use it, found a nice old quarter buried in the yard. Thinking about updating to a larger model since I had such a good time.

Well say hello to my new friend. (here I was just going to quit my job to look for Finn's treasure ;) ) picked up this along with the Pro-find 35. I was really torn between this and the Simplex (might just pick up the Simplex as well :p ).

Well got to test out my new detector tonight. I must say it's nice. The pin pointer is real nice. Got my dad hooked let him run it in my back yard, then it went off and we dug up an old penny. It gave him that gold rush fever.

Took my metal detectors out this weekend. Started searching an old school foundation (barely left). Found a nice copper shell casing from an ammo company that went out of business in 1930 (so it's old). Didn't get to search long though, since some guys came out on a side-by-side and told us we basically couldn't search there. They were nice about it though. We use to live right by there but it sounds like some out of state people bought the land and we didn't know. I did the right thing and tried to call them yesterday and ask if we could search but I have yet to hear back from them.

Getting some of my batteries charged up and things ready. Can't wait to get out and find some treasure this year.

Just ordered a lower carbon fiber rod for my Simplex and finally purchased a Grave Digger snubnose shovel in blood red.

I don't think I have posted this here before. But here is a great tool to find metal detecting spots. It's pretty amazing (even though it's heavily watermarked). But they have old aerial map photos and if you compare it to the modern maps, you can find old homesteads and foundations that no longer exist.

https://www.historicaerials.com/viewer

Last edited by a moderator:
My boss had me order a nice metal detector for him the other day. I got him jacked about finding treasure.

[QUOTE='nodle]My boss had me order a nice metal detector for him the other day. I got him jacked about finding treasure.
[/QUOTE]You should ask him how much money that greedy bastard needs???

image.png

I found an old article in a local newspaper from about 1920 talking about when a stagecoach got robbed in this small area between two towns that no longer exist (ghost towns now). The tale goes, they robbed it but then they came out they did not have the gold and gold dust on them. They caught the guy and before they hung them, he said if they would release him within 3 hours, he would provide a "man's weight in gold" for freeing him. They hung him anyway. 3 hours puts him on horseback right in the same little area. Anyways I found the area on a topo map and have been looking at landmarks where someone would hide something like that around there. It would be fun to take my detectors up there. Funny part is it's only about a half hour from here. 

200.gif

Back