Jeep vehicles

My sister just traded her Honda straight across for a new one, payments the same etc. she said, is that because used vehicles are worth a lot? Should I look at trading in?
Well that's kind of interesting because although trade-ins are fetching higher prices, they increased new vehicle prices as well. Just looking at new F150 prices for example, they really went up from last year. So I would be pretty shocked that a person would be able to trade basically even up on a new one. Maybe they performed a little voodoo with the loan payments?

Well that's kind of interesting because although trade-ins are fetching higher prices"]She said she had about 30k miles on old one, put her in new 2022 model, payments are still the same. You know car dealers, they will extended your payments 100 years if they can get you in a vehicle.

She said she had about 30k miles on old one, put her in new 2022 model, payments are still the same. You know car dealers, they will extended your payments 100 years if they can get you in a vehicle.
Yup that's what I meant by voodoo. Keep the same payment, just make more of them......

This is kind of crazy, but a guy just left work here about 5 minutes ago, and somehow we started talking about vehicles. He said he has a 2021 Toyota Tundra coming in, and he just took his older Tundra in and they gave him 5k over what he paid for it 6 years ago. he said they were desperate for used trucks, he said he didn't believe them so he pulled up KBB and sure enough it was listed for the price they told him. He said he had it for 6 years and came out 5k richer. Crazy times.

While the world has been dealing with the Coronavirus pandemic, the tech industry, like it, has also been dealt with a huge blow of its own due to the ongoing global semiconductor shortage. And perhaps the industry hit hardest as a result of this is the automotive industry.
According to an estimate by AlixPartners, a company specializing in business consultancy, the whole of the automobile industry could be losing around $210 billion in revenue this year. This estimated figure has actually been raised by nearly double since May, as earlier it was thought that the lost revenue could be amounting to around $110 billion. Naturally, the number of forgone potential vehicles to be produced has also shot up proportionately as now the firm predicts 7.7 million car units lost whereas back in May, the figure was 3.9 million.
Semiconductor shortages to cost the auto industry billions | AlixPartners

I saw Elon Musk said yesterday that he believes the chip shortage will be resolved by next year.

I saw Elon Musk said yesterday that he believes the chip shortage will be resolved by next year.
I don't think it will last either, most of it was a result of the popularity of Bitcoin and mining. You keep doing blows to any virtual currency, and you will have less demand for them and the results will be more chips back in the market. If anything this should be a wakeup call to America on how they are so dependent on foreign industries and try to bring thee jobs home here.

Talked to another salesman, from the largest Jeep dealer in America, he has like 50 something of them on order, but none are even in production yet, he said with the chip shortage along with the parts shortage, he doesn't know when. He told me they are starting to close production plants as well since the workers have nothing to work on. Scary times. 😬

522090_used_car_prices.jpg

Oh meant to post this. Bosses wife took her Subaru in for two recalls. He said the first thing they asked when she came in if she wanted to sell it to them. She negotiated twice he said and they offered her about $1,000 less than what she originally paid for it new. It's over 4 years old now with 30k miles on it. He had to drop me off to go get the title and take it to her and pick her up since she no longer had a vehicle to drive home.

Niece traded her other car in for a 2019 Grand Cherokee. So we will see how she likes it.

Back