Increase in toy collectors lately

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but has anyone else noticed toy collectors increasing no matter what the line is released? People are going crazy for the new wrestling figures. New G.I. Joe figures etc. They are emptying store shelves everywhere. Any one else noticed this?

Collecting has been a thing forever BUT yes has increased substantially. I think the internet plus people that both think they will all become millionaires as well as don't have a real world sense of money drive it. Seems we just more than ever like stuff.

Invest in storage. People love junk.

Invest in storage. People love junk.
Tis true. Storage ETF's are on fire. Or you can build storage units and make good money. But ETF's are obviously easier.

That's true we work with a couple of storage unit owners here in our town, and they can't basically build them fast enough. He says they stay mostly full year round as well. We have a college here in our town, so if someone pulls their stuff out there is always someone else to replace the unit.

The new Super 7 figures look pretty sweet I have to admit.

FJKmHxxX0AgJwRz?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

The new Super 7 figures look pretty sweet I have to admit.
They look like the originals that I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
They look like the originals that I have.
Sitting on goldmines then, forget stocks, should had been collecting toys all along.

These wrestling figures are pretty cool I have to admit. No wonder they are so hot.

FJMSBWjVcAAmm7b?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

FJLrkzuVkAQa05P?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

These wrestling figures are pretty cool I have to admit. No wonder they are so hot.
They do look nicely done.

FJRxChPVUAAQfvi?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Man these G.I Joe figures, new TMNT figures, He-man figures, and wrestling figures are all so hot right now.

Once neat thing I have been seeing on Twitter lately is collectors helping collectors. These guys go into a Target or Walmart, and they will take photos on Twitter and see if anyone wants something. They will say that they will be in the store for about an hour. If you see something that you want and reply, they will purchase it for you, and you only must pay what it costs, along with shipping cost. These guys are footing the bill at first to help other collectors out. It's neat to see.

I went into the toy section at target yesterday. The girl isles were filled and stocked to the brim, the boys ales were all looted and empty. I saw more adults down the Lego isles buying legos than kids.

[QUOTE='nodle]I went into the toy section at target yesterday. The girl isles were filled and stocked to the brim, the boys ales were all looted and empty. I saw more adults down the Lego isles buying legos than kids.
[/QUOTE]Like what you were trying to do yourself?

[QUOTE='jmanz]Like what you were trying to do yourself?
[/QUOTE]
200.gif

Target is really getting into the 'Toy Exclusives' lately, they know there is a market for collectors. 

but when a retailer like Target gets into "exclusive" items, are they really collectible?  Valuable collectable items are unknown when they happen, or they are truly limited production items that are high in price and very hard to get in the first place.  

[QUOTE='ndboarder]but when a retailer like Target gets into "exclusive" items, are they really collectible?  Valuable collectable items are unknown when they happen, or they are truly limited production items that are high in price and very hard to get in the first place.  
[/QUOTE]I was thinking the same. They should number them like the limited numbered sports cards, if they aren't already.

Back