Escalades & Raptors

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is all anyone drives in this town I swear. For some reason lately all I see is Escalades everywhere. First off how can people afford them? I saw two teenager girls get into one parked next to me just leaving work yesterday. Granted it's probably mommy's but still. I know it's a big status symbol here in town. If you drive a Yukon then you are just second class. Then with the men I think it's the Ford Raptors.

That's why @C Pav 's wife wants one so bad, it's coming sometime.

;)

Escalades are especially ridiculous. We are talking 75-80k brand new. Insane!

Escalades are especially ridiculous. We are talking 75-80k brand new. Insane!
Yup bosses wife just got a new one the long one fully loaded. That's the funny part all these new ones that are driving around aren't even the smaller version but the full blown long ones.

I see more and more luxury vehicles in town here too. Money could be spent in smarter ways.

I see more and more luxury vehicles in town here too. Money could be spent in smarter ways.
I could pay off my house with that much, or if I had to buy a new vehicle that is about 3 new vehicles.

We silly Americans, materialism takes second to none. It's about who has the biggest and best. And if you don't have those standards, then you are looked down upon, so you join in. No wonder America is drowning in debt.

But yeah, it's funny when you see all these people driving the upscale vehicles. I'm sure with all the oil work around, people are making more money whether they are in the oil field or a lucky mineral rights owner. They then will pass this down to the kids and buy them a new toy.

Another funny thing, I remember a whole decade ago in college when a professor of psychology mentioned he noticed that all kids from the area drive better cars than most adults he knew. At the time, it was just newer economical vehicles, now it's escalades.

It's the truth when I was in high school, if you were lucky you got your parents hand-me-downs. Now you drive by the high school and they have new vehicles. What does this teach the kids? Live outside your means.

I am a guy that likes to get the most for your money. That's why I have a hard time with these vehicles, you could buy 3 brand new ones for the price. Like my dad always says"They all get you to the same place".

I've been seeing some really weird rim choices on some Escalades in town. Black rims just don't seem to go well on them in my opinion, cheapens the look.

Everyone has the chrome ones on theirs over here.

So I have been noticing alot of Range Rovers here in town lately. I am not surprised when Escalades become the new Hondas in town and everyone is driving them, I suppose people are going to need to stick out even more.

I've seen one Range Rover in town. Not catching on quite yet over here.

I've seen one Range Rover in town. Not catching on quite yet over here.
They are nice and dam expensive.

I'm not really a huge fan of the design. Not for that kind of money anyways.

Suppose to be quite the off road vehicle, except no one uses that part but more as a status symbol. I know quit popular in other countries like Africa and Australia.

I concur. I think they are fugly vehicles. Regardless of cost I would look at something that I found more aesthetically pleasing to have to look at day in and day out.

Been seeing so many Mercedes in town lately also. Most I have ever seen.

Back