Cheesemakers union

Been feeling lately I miss my old cheese factory. Sure I get way more cheese at new facility but the atmosphere and comfort level is more a hard cheese and not a nice softer cheese like provolone. Don't know what to do. And no I am not moving my operation to another state @nodle.

Sometimes switching to a new flavor of cheese is not always the best idea. Sure it looks tempting. You expect the taste is going to be better than what you are use to. But once you take a bite you realize that it may not be the flavor for you. Sure it cost a lot more so it's got to be better than the cheese you are eating now, but it's not. Sometimes your happiness in the flavor of your old cheese is better than the new flavor, even if it costs more. Problem is you have a limited time going back to your old flavor before either it starts to mold or it is given away for someone else to enjoy it. I would do something before you lose the old flavor that you crave.

Currently my cheese making is put on hold till I can switch my plant operations to a new area. I am just holding out collecting as much dairy as I can before moving operations. Just need someone to purchase my old plant then I am good to go.

Maybe should just get out of the cheese industry all together.....

Maybe should just get out of the cheese industry all together.....
Never anything wrong with trying a new trade.

That's why I'm setting up to get out of the industry all together. Dairy stock is plenty and in place, just seeking things out.

I never thought it would be so hard to leave an area that you don't want to be in. :(

Is it pending on the sale of your current home? Give it a little more time, it should go through fine.

I never thought it would be so hard to leave an area that you don't want to be in. :(
I've had these feels before. They suck. Eventually it works out. Stay strong.

I've had these feels before. They suck. Eventually it works out. Stay strong.
It's just tough because it feels as though you are trapped. That is the joy of being carefree and young, no tie downs and you can travel freely.

Waiting for your cheese to age is depressing. :(

So my work is back at it again. I have been talking about this for a couple of weeks now. In face I think I mentioned something to @C Pav about it. So recently we had two guys turn their two weeks in (yes again). They can't keep someone more than 3 months here it seems. Anyways I was talking to the other coworker of mine and said you watch I bet they don't hire someone. Anyways a week went by and they were interview people. From what I head most people didn't want the job once they heard the pay scale. But I talked to my boss and he said they found someone. So I was like ok cool. Well come into work yesterday and my other coworker leaves to fill the guy that just left position. So I asked another guy when the new guy starts. He goes "we haven't hired anyone yet". I go the other guy told me that you guys did, he goes "oh no they want to do second interviews". BS. Anyways come in today again and sure enough other guy is gone again and work is piling up. Basically they are going to try to just not say anything again and let me do all the work and not hire anyone. After only 2 months ago trying to pull the same crap. Guess this time they thought maybe I wouldn't notice. So ya I am going to let tons and tons of stuff build up until people complain. When are they going to learn. Want out of there so bad.

So my work is back at it again. I have been talking about this for a couple of weeks now. In face I think I mentioned something to @C Pav about it. So recently we had two guys turn their two weeks in (yes again). They can't keep someone more than 3 months here it seems. Anyways I was talking to the other coworker of mine and said you watch I bet they don't hire someone. Anyways a week went by and they were interview people. From what I head most people didn't want the job once they heard the pay scale. But I talked to my boss and he said they found someone. So I was like ok cool. Well come into work yesterday and my other coworker leaves to fill the guy that just left position. So I asked another guy when the new guy starts. He goes "we haven't hired anyone yet". I go the other guy told me that you guys did, he goes "oh no they want to do second interviews". BS. Anyways come in today again and sure enough other guy is gone again and work is piling up. Basically they are going to try to just not say anything again and let me do all the work and not hire anyone. After only 2 months ago trying to pull the same crap. Guess this time they thought maybe I wouldn't notice. So ya I am going to let tons and tons of stuff build up until people complain. When are they going to learn. Want out of there so bad.
Take up your wife's offer to stay at home.

Today, got a message that there will be an "area update" for our local branch where I work. Our email is down at corporate right now, but the administrator assistant texted me saying while the meeting isn't mandatory, it would be good if we were there. Not sure which way this is going, but could go different directions.

Welp, that's all she wrote...it's sold...

Welp, that's all she wrote...it's sold...
holy cow you serious? What does that mean for your position?

I'm probably safe in the sense of having something for me since I'm the only IT person here, but it's not going to be good. They are a private equity firm that apparently specializes in acquiring oil resources and running them. There's no sense of company family in that. Their website is just cold feeling it boldly states about acquiring resources (don't want to say who right now). They bought a bunch of other stuff in the area last year, making it likely that I would possibly have to constantly travel in the bad parts of the state (north). IT never goes smoothly, they already expressed putting in all their own equipment, meaning a whole new change for me. I went through it before, and it's not fun.

All of this will happen within 2 months. They already have all their management and HR coming next week to interview all of us.

I'm probably safe in the sense of having something for me since I'm the only IT person here, but it's not going to be good. They are a private equity firm that apparently specializes in acquiring oil resources and running them. There's no sense of company family in that. Their website is just cold feeling it boldly states about acquiring resources (don't want to say who right now). They bought a bunch of other stuff in the area last year, making it likely that I would possibly have to constantly travel in the bad parts of the state (north). IT never goes smoothly, they already expressed putting in all their own equipment, meaning a whole new change for me. I went through it before, and it's not fun. All of this will happen within 2 months. They already have all their management and HR coming next week to interview all of us.
Oh boy, hope all goes as well as it can. GO all Office Space with your meeting with the Bobs.

I'm probably safe in the sense of having something for me since I'm the only IT person here, but it's not going to be good. They are a private equity firm that apparently specializes in acquiring oil resources and running them. There's no sense of company family in that. Their website is just cold feeling it boldly states about acquiring resources (don't want to say who right now). They bought a bunch of other stuff in the area last year, making it likely that I would possibly have to constantly travel in the bad parts of the state (north). IT never goes smoothly, they already expressed putting in all their own equipment, meaning a whole new change for me. I went through it before, and it's not fun. All of this will happen within 2 months. They already have all their management and HR coming next week to interview all of us.
I wish you the best Sir. You will be fine no matter what. Plus you always have an out only a state over. ;)

Back