Brita water filters

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Me and my wife go through alot of water. Neither of us really like to drink city water. It always has a weird chlorine taste to it. So we go though alot of bottled water. A few weeks ago we picked up a Brita water pitcher. It suppose to save you like 30,000 water bottles or something on the box. It's actually a real nice pitcher in itself even without the filter system. But you have to follow the direction and soak the filter for about 15 minutes to get the charcoal powder out of it. It was real easy to do. Another nice thing is it has a built in little meter that actually tells you when to replace the filter. (its about every 2 month of use). The water taste great out of it and you can't tell the difference between that and bottled water. It not only removes the flavor but other harmful stuff. I was doing the math in my head and in about another week it will have payed for itself in just the amount of bottled water that we were buying. The replacement filters are fairly cheap also. Ran about $30 for the whole setup.

B99dBSS.jpg

They are nice but i still drink tap water for the most part. We fill up our bottles and keep in the fridge. We do have a built in water and ice dispenser on our fridge that filters water so we have that option.

They are nice but i still drink tap water for the most part. We fill up our bottles and keep in the fridge. We do have a built in water and ice dispenser on our fridge that filters water so we have that option.
I thought you only drankzcsY1iK.jpg
In that neighborhood?

Can't see the image at work but if it's what I think then that's what we shower with.

Where does your city get it's water from, same as ours? If so, then they actually put chloramine instead of just chlorine. (Can view annual city reports that say this) Most cities put in chloramine in anyways now. It's a chlorine/ammonia combination and requires a specific chloramine filter, which a chlorine filter doesn't do (which Brita's I believe only have chlorine). Still though, a carbon filter will also filter out some of everything, so it will still do it's job.

Where does your city get it's water from, same as ours? If so, then they actually put chloramine instead of just chlorine. (Can view annual city reports that say this) Most cities put in chloramine in anyways now. It's a chlorine/ammonia combination and requires a specific chloramine filter, which a chlorine filter doesn't do (which Brita's I believe only have chlorine). Still though, a carbon filter will also filter out some of everything, so it will still do it's job.
I'm sure we have the same, at least it doesn't taste bad now. (Besides I am sure it's full of oil from around here).

Have had a Brita pitcher thing around for years. We don't really use it that often anymore, but water does seem to taste better out of it. They seem to update the look of their pitchers from time to time. Saw some nicer looking ones (like yours pictured), but we just bought the largest capacity we could find. If you have a Sam's or Costco around they generally have good deals on 10 packs of filters for them as well.

http://www.filtersfast.com/articles/ArticleImages/Brita-Ultramax.jpg

Back