4-Wheeler maintenance

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought myself a used 4-wheeler and have been going through it with my dad. We changed both the front and rear differential oils, engine oil, now we are going to change all the brake fluid and bleed the brakes, and also change the antifreeze as well. Also dumped all the old gas, replaced fuel sensor, worked on carburetor, replaced air filter, checked belt, and pulled all the skid plates and checked breather hoses and we will grease all zerks. It's going to be like a new machine. I can't believe the difference in power and performance so far.

Dumped and flush the antifreeze, front and rear brake fluid, and bleed the brakes yesterday. Another 5 hours. :oops:

Dumped and flush the antifreeze, front and rear brake fluid, and bleed the brakes yesterday. Another 5 hours. :oops:
By winter 2024 you should have it all ready.

Well looks like a carb rebuild. I ordered the parts.

So spent all day Saturday rebuilding the card, only to get it back together and not have it running properly. My Dad came down yesterday and took it back to his place so he can work on it and take his time.

My dad ended up figuring it out. There are 3 jets inside the carburetor. When he was cleaning, he dropped out one piece of one of the carbs.

Back