3D and resin based printers

How much is it going to cost me to get a decent sized unit?
How big are you planning on printing?

Well I ordered one this morning. I went BIG! I was seriously set on the smaller of the two, but well you know me. Sooner or later I would want a larger one. So I went with the Monoprice maker select 3D. Touchscreen, dual fan on the extrude, dual motor on the Y axis, 7.9" x 7.9" x 7.1" build area, and a 50% faster print speed. Also ordered a few rolls of PLA as well.

Monoprice-Maker-Select-Plus-3D-Printer-In-Action.jpg

So jacked to get this thing. I sometimes wonder if I should had bought the smaller one, but it will be nice for if/when I ever need it. If your into modding things this would be something to get into.

So jacked to get this thing. I sometimes wonder if I should had bought the smaller one, but it will be nice for if/when I ever need it. If your into modding things this would be something to get into.
Don't worry, she will appreciate the 8 inch objects compared to the tiny 4 inchers.

Don't worry, she will appreciate the 8 inch objects compared to the tiny 4 inchers.
Post of the day right here! :ROFLMAO:

Got my filament spools today, now just need my printer. :geek:

Great wife said the package was delivered but box is in rough shape. I think it's suppose to have decent packaging but still. You know I am so sick of deliveries anymore. Fuck Amazon using the Post Office to make their deliveries. I agree with Trump 100%. I went through 3 tvs last time due to them being broken in shipping. This shit gets old.

Well good news is I don't think anything is damaged. I looked real quick at lunch. I will fully set it up tonight.

Printer is out in the garage printing as we speak. Everything was fine in the box. Make sure to level your X axis first! Take a small bubble level fist and start here. 3D printing is all about having everything level and your nozzle in a perfect position. Took 6 screws to assemble total, including the spool holder. Printing a sample right now. Man so many possibilities with this thing. Now I am glad to have gone larger, and a faster printer. I'll report back in later.

I am impressed by the 3D quality. Finished my first print last night. Looks like I got my bed properly leveled. There is a learning curve. Most of the files you download will be in a .STL format which is the 3D format. Then you have to open software and "slice" it to make it work with your printer and output to a G Code format. Then you copy it on your SD card and print it. There are a lot of options to change such as a base they call a "raft" and supports as well. You can also change the inlay which is how thick it is, and other options. So there is a learning curve to it, not to bad though. Tonight I will start printing accessories for it.

Just ordered a Borosilicate Glass plate for mine.

So printed two pieces last night. One was a filament arm that helps guide the filament. The amazing thing about this is it has a ball built inside the arm. After it was done creating it, there was a full functional ball inside. It created it that way, pretty amazing. Then I created a larger spool holder, since the stock is crap. This was the biggest piece so far. It did great though. It was a longer print so I had to get up about 1 a.m. to go get it. Turned out beautifully.

Good my glass bed put on last night.

I was going to print my own Z-brace, but I don't really have the time so I ordered one for the printer.

Octoprint is pretty cool using a Raspberry Pi along with your printer. Might have to try this since I have an extra Raspberry Pi sitting around.

temperature-tab.png

https://octoprint.org/

Next thing I am going to work on is to tweak my setting in Cura. While it's printing excellent I always strive for better.

Got my Z-brace installed last night. I now see why people make them, they really do make a difference for stability and leveling.

Back