Tiny - the story of living small

I have been thinking of you lately @ryanator . Something like this would be perfect for you. It would have to a change in lifestyle and train yourself to slim down but it would be doable. Instead of dumping all your money in a home, you would dump it in the land to put your house on. I was talking to the wife about this but it would never work for us. If I was single this is the way I would defiantly go. Guy said it cost around $22k to make. $32k fully furnished.

Gallery

Last edited by a moderator:
A great gallery of a tiny house.http://m.imgur.com/a/19kMB
Tiny houses are a cool concept, and the mobility of them is also a plus. Another nice thing is they are not a glut of an investment, if something goes wrong, it's easier and cheaper to fix and it's not a risk and expense as a conventional house. One just needs to be comfortable with living in a smaller space.*Edit* I meant to post this two hours ago, but it didn't go through after I went back to it, then reposted it.

I have been thinking of you lately @ryanator . Something like this would be perfect for you. It would have to a change in lifestyle and train yourself to slim down but it would be doable. Instead of dumping all your money in a home, you would dump it in the land to put your house on. I was talking to the wife about this but it would never work for us. If I was single this is the way I would defiantly go. Guy said it cost around $22k to make. $32k fully furnished.Gallery

I'm not going to remain single, even a family can live in these, some people are stubborn and don't want to live in it and give up their space.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw my first true tiny home tonight going for a walk. Someone has one here in town at the RV park. It's really cool looking. Wish I could go in it.

It looks like we might sell my house in Butte and build a small cabin for me on my stepdad's 8 acre property. I wanted to make a small a frame but my stepdad is already excited about making something bigger, lol. Gonna have to talk about it because I kind of want something smaller and cozy. 

Pros: Solitude, more peace/security and less noise

Cons: Poor Internet, just planted a sweet blue spruce sapling at my house last summer. :)

When I see stuff like this above, I can't help thinking about what the WEF said about this will be the future of homes for people, and it seems to be coming soon.

Back