Apple products and their iOS

nodle

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have nice hardware, and it can run Windows. That said, from my experimenting days and owning one, parallels isn't ideal. Bootcamp works, but then you have to split your drive between the two - one or the other likely may not be big enough. The OS X portion that I ever used I could never get completely used to or comfortable with - plus other than to play around with OS X it was only good for a bit of web browsing or checking email.

IMO there is plenty of equally as nice hardware on the market today and you'd be better off dual booting Windows and Linux than bothering with OS X

My wife has been complaining about this.

Users are reporting that iOS 9.1 is shutting off their alarms. The result being an outpouring of anger on social media as people are late to work, missing appointments and even flights. Perhaps the most high profile tweet comes from the Pixies’ guitarist Joey Santiago.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Loving this thing so much. It's amazing for such and old machine. I see why photographers use them the color is so sharp and so accurate. This isn't even a 5k model. I can't even imagine. I think this will be replacing my main computer on my desk soon. Also the built in speakers are amazing!

• 2 weeks later...
I had a call in on my imac the other day. Had no idea it did this. I knew I could receive and send texts on here, but I was just sitting here and I heard my phone ring at the other end of the house then I had a slide out that showed whose calling. I clicked accept and said "Hello?" sure enough you can just answer your phone and talk like normal. It was really cool. Also got time machine setup which is amazing. I don't get why Windows can't have something so simple? It would save people so much headache. My drobo works flawless with it and in fact data transfers are WAY faster than doing it over my PC. I have no idea why? I basically never touch my PC anymore. Besides gaming I wouldn't have a need for it any longer.

• 2 weeks later...
Big update out 9.3

Is it the "let the FBI unlock the terrorists phone" update?  FBI says they don't need Apple's help now though, and now Apple wants to know how the FBI will hack their phone.  Ever wonder if all the back and forth is just posturing for the public?

Is it the "let the FBI unlock the terrorists phone" update?  FBI says they don't need Apple's help now though, and now Apple wants to know how the FBI will hack their phone.  Ever wonder if all the back and forth is just posturing for the public?

It's the usual update to make your phone slower so you have to upgrade.

FBI says they don't need Apple's help now though

From what I have read online lately as far as anyone can tell they think the government actually backed down. They knew Apple was willing to go to any means to not get this pushed through. Considering Apple has more money than even our current government it does make you wonder. At the same time I am about 50-50 on this one. I am somewhat like @ndboarder and think this is just a show to maybe make criminals think that they are safe and make them want to put their trust in a already back door product. But then the other side make me want to believe that maybe, just maybe there is still some privacy and good guys out there fighting for it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I installed Parallels today. Loaded Windows 7 Pro on it. It's really cool how you can run Windows on a Mac. It's different than a normal VM machine where it's sand boxed. You can have different modes where it blends or stay separated. Kinda hard to explain. I was able to load a few programs that the mac doesn't have and I can open the files on my Mac and use them flawlessly. Nifty program.

http://www.parallels.com/

Just give up on it already.  Bootcamp your Mac OS crap drive down to as low as possible, put Windows on the other partition, set it to boot to windows and forget about it

To me this is better than Bootcamp. Since I can run everything and use files from my Mac straight into Windows. It's like both systems are embedded together. Not quite like a standard VM image.

I felt the updates seemed more for of the zombie head in the phones crowd, like pokemon go crazies.  Apple was disappointing like usual in what they are bringing to the market for the last several years.

Like I said running out of options. I mean honestly at this point could you even improve on the messenger improvements?

Coming soon in iOS 11 - Mind reading texting. Just think it and it types.

• nodle changed the title to Apple products and their iOS