Stocks and investments

ndboarder

• 1 month later...
BABA IPO is this week I think...

Yes it is. On Friday. Ludes and I have been discussing this. Another play on this stock is Yahoo if you are interested. They own a pretty good stake of Alibaba, 20-40 percent...I can't remember the exact percentage.

Yes it is. On Friday. Ludes and I have been discussing this. Another play on this stock is Yahoo if you are interested. They own a pretty good stake of Alibaba, 20-40 percent...I can't remember the exact percentage.

Yeah, I knew YHOO had a fair stake in them, but I'm also not sure exactly what percent. Are you planning to jump on the IPO? Long term?

Yeah, I knew YHOO had a fair stake in them, but I'm also not sure exactly what percent. Are you planning to jump on the IPO? Long term?

I know Ludes is. I'm thinking about it as well but I don't have a price in mind yet. I think it's going to explode out of the gates. Might not get a crack at it until 75-80 range after the big boys run it up.

It isn't too often I sit and watch a stock, but watching this thing go up and down between the low 91.xx and up to 92.xx, got me thinking.

If one had the time and money to trade a large number of shares on something like this, you could make a killing in a days time - of course you'd be taxed like crazy, but could still come out ahead if you were volume trading a stock for roughly $1 more than you paid per share to buy. At least on BABA today you could've done that a few times, buying on the lows and selling on the highs.

Not a new idea and high risk, but it could've been done on this one today if played right...