Stocks and investments

ndboarder

Microsoft stock exploded higher by 9% after CEO Steve Ballmer announces that he will retire in 1 year. Hmmm what does Boarder think of that? Is he that negatively thought of?

Yes he is negatively thought of, or at least frequently blamed for stagnant stock prices by investors.

YELP is another hot stock on the move. The company focuses on reviews for restaurants etc...

I have heard of these guys before. But I have also heard they are bullies. If someone leaves a bad review or something. The have something where you have to pay to have it removed. Or so I have heard.

Mine is through Scottrade. You can start up a couple different ways but you must fund your account initially. I just sent them a check with the amount that I wanted in my account. You can link it up with your checking account too but I really didn't want to go that route at the moment. Once your account is funded, you can trade freely. Scottrade has 7 dollar trades which is about the cheapest. So if you want to drop 5 grand on shares of DDD, it would cost you 7 bucks on top of the money for your stock. It will cost another 7 bucks when you go to sell. They charge a little more for penny stocks but I think its around like 8 bucks for those. Pretty easy process really.

Well you don't worry about taxes until you sell. All of your transactions are recorded so you just give that info to your tax person or do it yourself. Now day trading would be extremely tough to keep track of i would think. But a few trades here and there, no problem.

You can anytime as long as the market is open. Also, you can set limits in which to buy or sell stock. Say you want to buy shares at 10 dollars but its currently at 15 dollars. You can set it to automatically buy X amount of shares when it goes down to 10 dollars. Works the same for selling. You can set it to sell at a price that you want so you don't have to watch it constantly throughout the day. There is no penalty for early withdraw. Think about day traders, they buy something and sell it 5 minutes later if there is a profit to be made.

So... interesting to see that for the first time in recent memory Apple held an event about upcoming products and their stock went down. Apparently the mob mentality that everything they release is the most innovative thing ever has finally faded, at least on Wall Street.

You weren't joking.

Analysts worry that the price of the iPhone 5C is too high for emerging markets like China

Apple's big iPhone event Tuesday failed to impress analysts, and they made that point clear with four major downgrades.

JPMorgan Chase & Co., Bank of America Corp., UBS AG, and Credit Suisse Group AG all downgraded Apple after the reveal of its iPhone 5C and 5S on Tuesday. This sent Apple's shares down as much as 5 percent in premarket trading Wednesday morning.

A few specifics are Credit Suisse Group AG's downgrade from "Outperform" to "Neutral" and Bank of America's downgrade to "Neutral" from "Buy."

According to the four major financial firms, the 5C wasn't priced low enough to grab its intended audience (which would be emerging markets). For instance, in China (which is one of the targeted markets), the 5C will sell for $730 because the country doesn't have subsidized phones.

http://www.dailytech.com/Apple+Gets+Four+Major+Stock+Downgrades+After+iPhone+Event/article33355.htm