Fluxoid
nodle

The Netflix & Amazon Prime Recommendation Thread

nodle    622

I just started watching this documentary last night about the Mothman.

Eyes of the Mothman

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Eyes_of_the_Mothman/70154852?trkid=2430625#height1744

70154852.jpg

I have also finished this documentary called "Thumbs up". Kinda a small series about two Asians hitchhiking their way across America. It was entertaining.

70139318.jpg

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Thumbs_Up_Episode_9/70139327?trkid=2429429

nodle    622

If you haven't started the Dexter series, you are just wasting time. :evil:

I will as soon as they release all the seasons. I heard they added Twin Peaks? I have heard alot about this old series. Suppose to be like the X-files or something. Might give her a go.

jmanz    128

I will as soon as they release all the seasons. I heard they added Twin Peaks? I have heard alot about this old series. Suppose to be like the X-files or something. Might give her a go.

They may never have all the seasons on at one time. They can't even keep the full 4 seasons of IT Crowd on there.

nodle    622

They may never have all the seasons on at one time. They can't even keep the full 4 seasons of IT Crowd on there.

Ya this type of stuff aggravates me. There are a few shows with all seasons though. But most are bait and hook.

WayneKerr    118

70117019.jpg

In this comedic fantasy, science has facilitated the search for a soul mate via biotechnological implants that count down to the moment one is supposed to meet his or her match. But Oona (Emma Caulfield) is worried: She's nearly 30, and her TiMER isn't ticking yet. Will her dream guy get snatched up by someone else? John Patrick Amedori co-stars in this film from first-time writer and director Jac Schaeffer. watch it with the wife or girlfriend

The aformentioned:

70113774.jpg

Enter the glamorous offices of Reynholm Industries, then take the elevator to the basement, where you'll find the decidedly unglamorous IT support team: slacker Roy (Chris O'Dowd), social misfit Moss (Richard Ayoade) and technically ignorant supervisor Jen (Katherine Parkinson). Together, they find nerd-tastic adventures in this hilarious British sitcom from the producer of "The Office." The program won a 2008 International Emmy for Best Comedy.

The next time I get 2.5 hours I'm going to watch this:

Red Cliff

70130851.jpg

When a warmongering prime minister (Fengyi Zhang) advances his armies against two rival kingdoms, he unwittingly prompts his adversaries (Chen Chang and Yong You) to work together in this martial arts action-adventure. The ensuing conflict culminates in the epic battle of Red Cliff, a struggle by the sea involving more than one million soldiers. Director John Woo's big-budget spectacle is based on the novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

nodle    622

Started watching Twin Peaks. I don't really know what to say, it is from 1990. For some strange reason it kinda has got us hooked. I know the show really influenced the video game "Alan Wake". It's not bad so far, got alot of mystery aspects going.

nodle    622

Man Twin Peaks is actually really good. When you first start to watch it your kinda turned off by it due to the 90's style. But with all the characters etc. It's not that bad. The more I watch it the more I find myself drawn into the show more and more. I would highly recommend it. Jmanz if you are looking for a new show give it a try. Give it about 5 episodes and it will just keep getting better and better.

ndboarder    205

Been watching Pawn Stars thanks to jmanz, but it's really good. I ran out of American Pickers.

uRgFr.jpg

#1 show on cable, if you believe the ads ran by History channel for the show. It is really good though, I like seeing all the stuff that comes through the shop (even if you know its mostly staged) and the negotiating. It's best when people get all cranky about being offered far less than they think something is worth, especially if it is a pile of crap they thought was gold.

jmanz    128

Just started watching "Breaking Bad". 4 episodes in so far, kind of interesting. Its about a Chemistry teacher who starts making/selling crystal meth to support his family.

jmanz    128

Update on "Breaking Bad". Its frickin awesome. Almost on the level of Dexter in my opinion. Outstanding show. Start streaming it now!