Fluxoid
Sign in to follow this  
ndboarder

Crop Circles: Out of this world, or not too far from home?

nodle    617

I've seen the reports where people claim to make them, But come on they appear so much and so random, that I don't think someone is going to take that much of their own time to do something like this.

ndboarder    203
I've seen the reports where people claim to make them' date=' But come on they appear so much and so random, that I don't think someone is going to take that much of their own time to do something like this.[/quote']

Yeah, I saw a documentary on it a while back and did quite a bit of reading about that back in the day. I know why anyone would want to do that, or be able to pull off some of the intricate designs. It would be tough to pull something like the pic I posted from the ground level just walking, especially in a corn field where you can't see more than a few feet in front of you.

Jim - "What should we do Bob? I'm bored."

Bob- "I know lets go make a crop circle in someones field!" :smt115

Jim - "Bob, you're an idiot" :smt075

jmanz    125
I've seen the reports where people claim to make them' date=' But come on they appear so much and so random, that I don't think someone is going to take that much of their own time to do something like this.[/quote']

Yeah, I saw a documentary on it a while back and did quite a bit of reading about that back in the day. I know why anyone would want to do that, or be able to pull off some of the intricate designs. It would be tough to pull something like the pic I posted from the ground level just walking, especially in a corn field where you can't see more than a few feet in front of you.

Jim - "What should we do Bob? I'm bored."

Bob- "I know lets go make a crop circle in someones field!" :smt115

Jim - "Bob, you're an idiot" :smt075

However, just a mile out of town to the north east of ya boarder there is a corn maze....not that the designs are quite of that magnitude, but they do some interesting things.....a picture of a soldier was their design a year or two i think.

nodle    617

Perfectly aligned geometry and a man would be two different things to create. Plus how do you account for the radiation at most of the sites?

jmanz    125
Perfectly aligned geometry and a man would be two different things to create. Plus how do you account for the radiation at most of the sites?

you've put me into what i like to call a "box"

ndboarder    203

Also, the corn mazes around here are usually made using a combine I'm pretty sure, and from sitting in a combine it's pretty easy to see what you are doing. People who claim to make them say they use large boards with a rope tied to each end and walk the board around to make the "circles"

ndboarder    203
I wonder why North Dakota doesn't get more of these with all of their fields?

It's our rep. No one wants to visit ND, not even the Aliens

jmanz    125
I wonder why North Dakota doesn't get more of these with all of their fields?

It's our rep. No one wants to visit ND' date=' not even the Aliens[/quote']

lol

Davidc    92

There was some kind of alien show on the Discovery or Learning channel that interviewed a farmer from that area of the state as well (crop circles). It may have been in the Lakota area.

jmanz    125
There was some kind of alien show on the Discovery or Learning channel that interviewed a farmer from that area of the state as well (crop circles). It may have been in the Lakota area.

the aliens would have to use pppoe in the lakota area for their innernets.