Arcade cabinet

WayneKerr

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7527/1012457w.jpg

I'll be off tomorrow to work on it. Gotta get a new sawblade. This is just a working prototype. I wanted to tryout the 7 button layout, but I think'll go with something else. Most of the games I played were 3 buttons at the most.

That old PC is done for, the newer PC (pictured.) Is awaiting a few upgrades. Hopefully one of which is WIN7.

Awesome work.

She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts

J/K

Thats kinda lacking too. The monitor in the picture has the vesa mount. Tomorrow I'll go get the screws to mount it. I plan on it being a (manually) rotating monitor, so I can play the vertical shumps correctly. I had a lazy Susan assembly for years, but I can't seem to find it. I'll see if I can pick that up too.

I am looking for a PCI express x1 card to put in this computer. I need a little more juice for some other games. A RAM upgrade is in order as well.

• 8 months later...

I thought I'd update my arcade thread. Not much progress except I have installed and started to configure hyperspin. Its a neat addition to the experience. I have ordered a mount to mount my monitor. I recently so someone detail their rotating monitor mount and it seems very doable. Another portion I have considered incorporating are lighting up the push bottons based on the game selected.

I think I may have changed my design of the cabinet again. So I think I am going to just stick to working out the configuration, lighting and rotating part for now. Its still a little colder than I care to spend outside.

For to follow once I get off my dead ass and start cutting some wood...