Alien Swarm free on steam 19 JULY

WayneKerr

http://http//cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/630/ss_b39b5cef6ad3176e0f80e7509c227032a22967d8.1920x1080.jpg?t=1279301460

Alien Swarm is a game and Source SDK release from a group of talented designers at Valve who were hired from the Mod community.

Available free of charge, the game thrusts players into an epic bug hunt featuring a unique blend of co-op play and squad-level tactics. With your friends, form a squad of four distinct IAF Marine classes. Plan your attack using an unlockable arsenal of weapons with countless loadout configurations against a wide variety of aliens. Blaze your way through an overrun, off-world colony, eradicating the alien infestation in environments ranging from the icy planet's surface, to a subterranean lava-flooded mining facility.

Along with the game get the complete code base for Alien Swarm that features updates to the Source engine as well as the SDK. Alien Swarm adds 3rd person camera, depth of field, improved dynamic shadows and a wide variety of gameplay additions to the Source engine.

Tactical, 4 player co-op action game with a top-down perspective

Complete game code and mod tools

Unlock persistent items by gaining levels

Over 40 weapons and equipment with countless loadout configurations

4 unique classes and 8 unique characters

Matchmaking, Steam Cloud, Steam Stats

64 achievements

Tile-based map generation tool

Powered by Source and Steam

System Requirements

Minimum:

Processor: Pentium 4 3.0GHz

Memory: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista

Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with 128 MB, Shader model 2.0. ATI X800, NVidia 6600 or better

Hard Drive: At least 2.5 GB of free space

Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Recommended:

Processor: Intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz

Memory: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista

Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with Shader model 3.0. NVidia 7600, ATI X1600 or better

Hard Drive: At least 2.5 GB of free space

Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Steam is pretty sweet. Great deals, lot's of games, and quick access to a lot of games. Instead of having to try and find in a store or wait for it if ordered you just download it. Plus no disk and key to have to find if you install it later. I give nodle a hard time a lot about how I prefer having the physical game and box because of how I lie to collect but when it comes down to it, digital media is quickly becoming more to my liking.

Steam is pretty sweet. Great deals, lot's of games, and quick access to a lot of games. Instead of having to try and find in a store or wait for it if ordered you just download it. Plus no disk and key to have to find if you install it later. I give nodle a hard time a lot about how I prefer having the physical game and box because of how I lie to collect but when it comes down to it, digital media is quickly becoming more to my liking.

This must not be the real C Pav! :unsure:

Isn't there also a Windows Live Games thing for the PC now that is like Steam? I know steam is good, but I'm not big on PC gaming. I think the WLG thing lets you get achievements too

EDIT: Games for windows is what they appear to call it. Similar concept to steam, but integrates to Live similar to Xbox live, hell it might be the same. build your gamer score on Xbox and the PC

Well that didn't go well. I started Alien Swarm and got kicked the hell out right away. eph'n computer.... Anybody have a PCI video card they aren't using?

Was it from the video card or did you just get dropped?

Was it from the video card or did you just get dropped?

It never loads. It flashes black, the resolution changes, I see a white cursor and steam tells me I have played for 3 minutes. I didn't really give it much thought until you asked. Just now I tried different screen resolutions and color depths. I read on the games steam page that there was a fix that would be pushed through a client update. Did that

So far I can hear music now.

It never loads. It flashes black, the resolution changes, I see a white cursor and steam tells me I have played for 3 minutes. I didn't really give it much thought until you asked. Just now I tried different screen resolutions and color depths. I read on the games steam page that there was a fix that would be pushed through a client update. Did that

So far I can hear music now.

I let it load for 15 minutes, all I heard was the chanting in the beginning.