Hinterkaifeck

nodle

It's a good read, but look at the last part.

Hinterkaifeck, a small farmstead situated between the Bavarian towns of Ingolstadt and Schrobenhausen (approximately 70 km north of Munich), was the scene of one of the most puzzling crimes in German history. On the evening of the 31st of March 1922, the six inhabitants of the farm were killed with a pickaxe, and the murder is still unsolved.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Hinterkaifeck

:surprised:

The six victims are buried in Waidhofen, where there is a memorial in the graveyard. The skulls were never returned from Munich, after being lost during the chaos of WWII. Close to where the farm was located, there is now a shrine.The farm was demolished the following year, in 1923. It is said that during the demolition, the murder weapon, a pickaxe, was found under the floorboards of the attic.

Hmm... sounds like someone just hid in the floorboards or in the attic in general. I guess the main reason I read it is because I didn't see what the big deal was with the last portion.

Because before they were even killed they thought someone was in the attic, and after all that they said they found that weapon hidden in the floor boards. Kinda freaky if you ask me.