Fluxoid
Sign in to follow this  
ndboarder

Has anyone else been tempted by Mac's lately?

I've always been a hater when it comes to Mac, but in one of my previous positions, I dealt with mac's a little, and honestly their Laptops are some of the nicest, and cleanest looking machines. A lot of nice features wrapped into a sleek package.

That being said, I still don't think I like the OS, but I could get used to it, heck it's based on the linux kernel these days. Ane then I saw the new Mac Book Pro (link below) which runs on Intel processors, and we all know the other Intel Mac's have been converted to run XP. Being semi in the market for a laptop it sounds tempting, but of course for the cost of a Mac book.....

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

NEVER! Don't go over to the dark side. I will give Apple credit for their looks, and the Ipods. We have a Mac guy here at work and he got windows up and running on one of their new laptops. But I know I will never buy one.

I like the new commercial about the viruses on pc's compared to mac's I saw on tv last night. It was making fun of how pc's get all these viruses compared to mac's. I love how they try to keep the mac viruses all quiet.

I like the new commercial about the viruses on pc's compared to mac's I saw on tv last night. It was making fun of how pc's get all these viruses compared to mac's. I love how they try to keep the mac viruses all quiet.

yeah, i just saw that last night too and thought it was a good one, but from articles I've seen lately it's being predicted that the new intel mac's will be targeted quite a bit more... probably by upset lovers of traditional power PC macs...

Anyhow, I don't think I'll ever buy a mac, but I applaud them for their laptop design... I'd love to see a PC manufacturer come out with something designed similarily

yeah' date=' i just saw that last night too and thought it was a good one, but from articles I've seen lately it's being predicted that the new intel mac's will be targeted quite a bit more... probably by upset lovers of traditional power PC macs...

Anyhow, I don't think I'll ever buy a mac, but I applaud them for their laptop design... I'd love to see a PC manufacturer come out with something designed similarily[/quote']

Agreed. The simplicity to their designs, is what is keeping them in business.

This topic has more replies, but you'll need to be signed in to view them.