ESPN 3 on XBOX 360

WayneKerr

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/06/microsoft-e3-2010-762-rm-eng-1276539814.jpg

The recently relaunched ESPN3 online portal is coming to Xbox 360 , as just announced during Microsoft's pre-E3 press conference. Trey Wingo and Josh Elliott from SportsCenter are on stage demonstrating with footage from a USC / Ohio State game, and of course it has built in Kinect controller support. 3,500 live sporting events, instant replays, highlights, polls all at your fingertips or by the sound of your voice. The PiP stuff will be familiar to fans who have already indulged online, but with the new control aspects (and of course, HD streaming) it could give a reasonable alternative to the existing channels. The usual requirement of Xbox Live Gold just like Netflix, Facebook, etc. is present, but beyond having a TV provider / ISP that's signed up for the package, there's no additional charge.

Update: Wondering if you'll have access? Check the list of ESPN3 affiliatesto see if your ISP is playing ball.

surprise of surprise Daktel is on the list! Not surprisingly, polarcomm is not on the list. [sad trombone] Polarized again [/sad trombone]

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/06/microsoft-e3-2010-762-rm-eng-1276539814.jpg

Update: Wondering if you'll have access? Check the list of ESPN3 affiliatesto see if your ISP is playing ball.

surprise of surprise Daktel is on the list! Not surprisingly, polarcomm is not on the list. [sad trombone] Polarized again [/sad trombone]

There are very few if any in the state that carry this. None that I've heard of at least yet. Working where I do and being in an area where they don't have this coverage I've seen some threads from other employees about this. Theories range to it won't matter, to hypothetical ways to get access.

I don't really care too much about ESPN, but for those that do I hear there is a link on the ESPN 3 portal to send them a request for your ISP to carry it. So get all your friends that have the same ISP to get out and submit the request. Maybe if they get enough you can do something about it.

I've also heard that in order to signup your ISP has to carry this, but if you have an account you can sign in from ANY connection. In this case if you have a friend/family member somewhere that has access, have them create an account for you. Another proposed option is to use your cellular connection to signup (Verizon is an ISP that carries ESPN 3) by tethering your data connected phone to a PC for the signup process.