Sign in to follow this  
nodle

HDMI switch

Has anyone ever used one? I am out of HDMI ports on one of my tvs, and was just wondering if anyone has used one. I can get by without one, but was just wondering.

I haven't used a switch, but I use my A/V receiver. It has 4 inputs and 2 outputs. If I add any more HDMI devices though I'll have to run one more directly to the TV as all the inputs are in use on the receiver now. I'm sure the switches would work fine, but if I were going to get one I'd have to find one that either had a remote or auto-sensed which input had a signal and switched to it. I'd want to hide it and wouldn't then want to have to reach in behind things to locate and select the correct input. The new Samsung LED tv autosenses if you have an input device so if we turn on the DTV receiver the TV comes on and puts itself on the right input. If you turn off DTV and turn on the BD player it switches inputs. I'd want a switch that did something similar....

Well I picked on up at Rat-shack at lunch because it was on clearance, but after reading reviews online I am not even going to use it and just return it. I just ordered one offline, should have here by Friday. So I will let you know how it works.

Well I picked on up at Rat-shack at lunch because it was on clearance, but after reading reviews online I am not even going to use it and just return it. I just ordered one offline, should have here by Friday. So I will let you know how it works.

What did you order?

This topic has more replies, but you'll need to be signed in to view them.