Ready In:

1 Hr 15 Min

Ingredients

* 4 large onions

* 1/2 cup butter

* 4 cubes chicken bouillon

Directions

1. Preheat grill for medium heat.

2. Peel outer layer off onions. Slice a small section off of one end of each onion, and make a small hole in the center. Fill the center of each onion with a bouillon cube and 2 tablespoons butter or margarine. Replace the top of the onion, and wrap in aluminum foil.

3. Place onions on grill over indirect heat, and close the lid. Cook for 1 hour, or until tender. Remove the tops, and cut into bite size chunks. Place in a serving dish with all the juices from the foil.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grilled-Onions/Detail.aspx

Sounds good, but you'd have to really like onions I thinks...

I heard when you grill them the taste gets more mellow. Not like a full blown onion. Basically like a blooming onion without the breading.

I heard when you grill them the taste gets more mellow. Not like a full blown onion. Basically like a blooming onion without the breading.

Yah, onions are good, I just don't know if I could sit down and eat a plate of onion pieces... Depending on the variety though, some are plenty good without much cooking. The recipe is not very precise regarding the type, which is fine since you can just do this with your preferred onion variety. You'd definitely get different tastes depending on your onion variety though.

Carve out the middle of an onion, put a garlic clove in it, full with butter and bake in the oven for awhile. Good stuff!

Carve out the middle of an onion, put a garlic clove in it, full with butter and bake in the oven for awhile. Good stuff!

Man I never thought about the garlic. May have to try this one.

This topic has more replies, but you'll need to be signed in to view them.