Sign in to follow this  
nodle

The oil spill dilemma

So by now we all know how bad the BP oil spill is and how they cannot stop it. How long do you think it will last? From the latest stuff I hear it's going to be awhile. I know BP contributed to Obama quite a bit of money. I do find it funny that this happened a week after Obama was going to sign a bill to raise off-shore drilling limits. Why is BP not fined more for this mess? I heard Obama only penalized them 1 cent for each barrel for cleanup. Why is this not at least $10 for every barrel? I have also heard the inspectors where given "gifts" to look the other way. I have a bad feeling that this is going to get much, much worse before it gets better. What are your thoughts?

I do believe BP was one of if not the largest contributors to the Obama campaign. Edit-Actually I'm thinking of GE.

BP did contribute to Obama campaign, I'm not sure how much though. If you fine them, they will only pass it onto the consumer anyways.

While not a great situation, I think the media is really going crazy with this. There has been a worse oil spill and mother nature (with the help of humans) took care of itself. I guess it depends on how long this goes on.

While not a great situation, I think the media is really going crazy with this. There has been a worse oil spill and mother nature (with the help of humans) took care of itself. I guess it depends on how long this goes on.

What was the other spill? The only one I can think of was the Valdez spill, but they said this one has already surpassed that.

This topic has more replies, but you'll need to be signed in to view them.