Sign in to follow this  
C Pav

How Much Cocaine Is Two Hours of Gaming Worth?

Have you just been gaming for the past two hours? You just did the equivalent of a line of cocaine, says UK counselor and therapist Steve Pope in the Lancashire Evening Post.

http://kotaku.com/5548908/how-much-cocaine-is-two-hours-of-gaming-worth

This guy needs to STFU. Gaming is not even close to doing drugs. I agree that gaming addictions exist and are bad but not even on the same level of harm as using drugs.

A person can certainly spend too much time on gaming, but I agree with CPav, it isn't anything at all comparable to drug use aside from addiction. It doesn't hurt anyone else or the gamer.

That being said there are those out there that need to get a life, such as those that spend more time on gaming than anything else in life. I hope to at least keep up somewhat on gaming this year over the summer months (just to keep the backlog from getting bigger yet), but I don't spend much time at all during the warmer months, just during winter when there is little else to be done.

I was just telling Nodle the other day that I probably spend at most 5 hours a week playing games.

I might beat that slightly during the winter, some weeks. Especially if I find a game I can really get into, then I may play for 8+ hours in a day. Lately I've been lucky if I spend anytime at all on gaming