Sign in to follow this  
ndboarder

Alan Wake

Any one else interested in this game? I see the reviews are pretty decent, maybe a little mixed. At any rate I picked it up last Monday (got it a day early at the company store), but haven't had a chance to put it in yet. For those of you with 360's I know where you can get a copy for $30

I am interested in it. I would like to get the collectors edition but I say that about every game.

Oh, and tell your company store to quit ruining and defacing the box with those damn stickers. I collect and don't want that crap on my collection.

I am interested in it. I would like to get the collectors edition but I say that about every game.

Oh, and tell your company store to quit ruining and defacing the box with those damn stickers. I collect and don't want that crap on my collection.

Lol... yeah the stickers suck I know. I also liked the looks of the collectors edition, but for the price difference decided I'd go with the regular for $30. The stickers are put on them to prevent resale, don't want people buying large numbers at discount and then reselling for profit....

Of course if you can find a green DVD casing, you could just move the cover art and all of that into a different case...

To continue with case stickers.... I hate gamestop/software etc as well. They put their damn pricing stickers directly on the case and they don't come off very cleanly either. Looks like there are places you could get empty cases to use if desired, or potentially a person could ask at stores such as gamestop where they toss the original cases and put into junky used cases, or rental stores where they dont' use the 360 case to hand out rentals.

I was going to mention how it's easy to get empty cases and change them so I don't see how putting the stickers on really matters. I actually checked at a local rental place once and they didn't have any. I will have to hit up ebay to get some to replace the ones I have that are damaged or have those stickers on them.

I was going to mention how it's easy to get empty cases and change them so I don't see how putting the stickers on really matters. I actually checked at a local rental place once and they didn't have any. I will have to hit up ebay to get some to replace the ones I have that are damaged or have those stickers on them.

Yah, easiest way to get around it I guess. I got lucky once, when Forza III came out. The one I happened to get hadn't had the shrink wrap removed before the sticker was placed on the case, so it just came off with that junk and went in the garbage.

This topic has more replies, but you'll need to be signed in to view them.