Sign in to follow this  
nodle

Google Android Surpasses iPhone in U.S.

I am surprised!

According to NPD, devices running Android accounted for 28 percent of the units sold to U.S. consumers in the first quarter. BlackBerry devices made by Research In Motion, which use RIM's home grown operating system, took the top spot with 36 percent of the U.S. market. Apple's iPhone, which had been in the No. 2 spot previously, fell to third place with 21 percent of the market.

I'm somewhat surprised that Blackberry leads still. I've heard they've been getting crushed in sales lately.

Yah, those Blackberry's are crap. I'm not at all surprised to see the droid beat out the iPhone though. You can get an adroid on any carrier, but the iPhone is only AT&T. Also, the androids come in a number of form factors, while the iPhone only comes in one form with varying storage capacity. The droids can also be expanded in regards to storage capacity.

It's actually more impressive the the iPhone held No. 2 for so long with only being available to AT&T customers.

Regardless they all pale in comparison to a Windows Mobile phone in the hands of one who knows what the hell they are doing. Will be interesting this fall when Windows Phone 7 hits the market, since it is going to be dumbed down enough for all the iPhone and Droid users....

Yeah, they need out of that exclusive agreement fast if they want to keep up. They also need a CDMA option, as it may be too late if they wait for AT & T to upgrade the Alltel network, or for Verizon to get their LTE (4G) network rolled out.

Yep, Apple thinks they are kings but in reality they are just screwing themselves while they think they lead.

This topic has more replies, but you'll need to be signed in to view them.