Sign in to follow this  
nodle

Prisoners into soldiers

Why not give prisoners an option? We have tons just sitting there rotting in jail cells. Why not give these guys the opportunity to serve in the military? This would really ease our problems with lack of soldiers, and I am sure that the prisoners would love the opportunity. What do you think?

At first it seems like a good idea but what about their criminal intentions? How are you going to ensure they actually fight for the country as they should? Gang members will go after other gang members on the same side if given the chance and especially equipped with an assault rife. What I am saying is you can't trust them.

At first it seems like a good idea but what about their criminal intentions? How are you going to ensure they actually fight for the country as they should? Gang members will go after other gang members on the same side if given the chance and especially equipped with an assault rife. What I am saying is you can't trust them.

Kind of what I was thinking. Also, you would have criminals being trained to kill and learn tactics to take back to the streets. I watched something on tv, it may have been gangland, where gang members are joining the military just to get combat training and then teach the gang members when they are done with their service.

Well there is always that risk, but its not like it's going to just be solid prisoners, there will still be leaders etc. Alot of them will from "brotherhoods" from being in a group and achieving tasks etc. They can be deployed on the front lines and ya you are going to have a certain percentage that may try to run etc. But you could have a system where if they messed up then they go back. I think most men would jump at the opportunity to go.

There certainly needs to be a better use of them though instead of letting them work out and watch tv all day.

The military would probably be just what many of these people need. There is always the risk of flight or other conflict, however most of these would be weeded out during basic training, and sent right back. Even if not military service, a return to days of the chain gang and having prisoners do manual labor that would be beneficial to the public good would be outstanding in my mind.

This topic has more replies, but you'll need to be signed in to view them.