Sign in to follow this  
nodle

The Geocities-izer

I remember making web pages back in the Geocities and Angelfire era; it even looks like Angelfire is still operating.

With the tools that they gave you, it was next to impossible to create a functional website that didn't contain an abstract tiled background and retro animated gifs.

I remember making web pages back in the Geocities and Angelfire era; it even looks like Angelfire is still operating.

With the tools that they gave you, it was next to impossible to create a functional website that didn't contain an abstract tiled background and retro animated gifs.

It was just the style back then. I think the first site I created was on Geocities. The more animated .gifs you had the better lol.

It was just the style back then. I think the first site I created was on Geocities. The more animated .gifs you had the better lol.

Mostly it was the fact that nothing much better existed at the time, as far as style. All the things we see today were just coming about. Those were the days though, my first site was also at geocities. I spent a lot of time with Notepad and some HTML books.