Fluxoid
Sign in to follow this  
Ludacris

Investing, Stocks, IRA's

Just curious, but does anyone here invest in stocks at all or have an IRA?  If so, who do you invest with and what type of IRA do you have?  I was looking at possibly investing in the future and would like some 411.  I guess a guy is suppose to start an IRA at or before the age of 30 to ensure a decent retirement.    Any info would be appreciated.

I don't do a large amount of investing, but I do have an account with Fidelity to handle some stock awards related to work.  I haven't had a bad experience with them, but haven't tried any other online brokers either.

I've also looked at IRA's a bit, I think the way to go here is with Roth IRAs.  Again, I'm no expert. 

In conclusion, I am of no help to you Ludes, but if someone in here has some sound advice I would be interested.

I have a Roth IRA through Edward Jones.  You can adjust it to how aggressive or safe you want it to be. Personally, I have mine fairly aggressive at this time because I'm a quite a ways from retirement, and my work retirement funds are pretty conservative.  You can invest up to $5,000 per year, and are eligible to begin withdrawing at age 59 1/2.  It can be withdrawn tax free at this time, where as traditional IRAs are not tax free.  I've been pretty happy so far with mine, it has been a bit of a roller coaster, but as I get older I will likely make this more and more conservative.

This topic has more replies, but you'll need to be signed in to view them.