Fluxoid
Sign in to follow this  
WayneKerr

HDTV deal: Samsung LN46B750

This deal is tormenting my soul.  We'll I am debating at least.  Check it out:

185x185__width_height__1241489432__uploaded_files%5E4af8d0178b7bf078231dfb5f4d33812d.jpg

http://www.techdealdigger.com/pr/cheap-samsung-ln46b750-46-inch-1080p-240hz-lcd-tv-deals/1531

The Samsung LN46B750 LCD TV features 1080p resolution, 240Hz refresh rate, 150,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio and fast 2ms response time.  The Samsung LN46B750 also comes with a gray Touch of Color bezel, DLNA certification (allows you to access media stored on your PC and display on TV), and [email protected] (allows you to receive content via Yahoo!, Flickr, and other online TV widgets.)

emphasis mine.

The few things that are holding me back are the DLNA implementation and lack of updates on upcoming widgets...  Also I have a  :alien: paranoia streak that makes me wonder if the TV will report the .avi files I watch on it....

I don't think this is a good price for the size. Seems way expensive. I am seeing the same size at Walmart with 1080p for around $700.

If your looking into this, check on LED TV pricing.  I know recently Best Buy had some nice looking Samsung LED's for nearly the same price as this offer.

Nodle.  You may see 46" TVs in Walmart for $700, and maybe they are as good as the Samsung here, but maybe not.  Wallyworld typically carries the low end of the quality spectrum on these. 

I would rather pocket an extra $500 myself, I bet the tvs aren't as bad as you think.

Hey if the TV is good enough (and trustworthy to last a 5+ years) then saving $500 is excellent.  I'm just saying, there are reasons a 46" TV at walmart is that much lower in price.  They're a huge company, but they can't afford to give you $500 off a TV just because they feel like lowering the price that much.

On the other hand, whie saving $500 now is good, if a$700 TV craps out in 2 years, and a $1200 TV lasts 5, more now is less over time

I don't think Walmart's tvs offer some of the same specs as those expensive ones but I think they last just as well or at least I have never had a problem with any. Plus, with the money you save, if you want to ditch in a few years to get the latest and greatest, it's not such a huge hit.