Fluxoid
Sign in to follow this  
WayneKerr

WayneKerr's PC saga

After Nodle's blog posting about wubi and me not being able to install it, I set out to clean up my PC.

I uninstalled a bunch of programs I never used anyhow and cleaned up a bunch of space and formatted one of my drives.

I am off now to install the WIN7 RC I downloaded the last day that you could download it.  Anyhow, wish me luck.

First update.  I am moved over, but I need to update some drivers and that.  It moves like a fresh install, so I am happy about that at least.

Ya sometimes you have to bite the bullet and just do a reload. I do it so much that I am quite the expert on it. The RC release of 7 really isn't too bad. I ran it for awhile. But they have sure fixed alot since then. But it's a good place to start. I would really recommend a copy of win 7 when it comes out. It's that good!

Ya sometimes you have to bite the bullet and just do a reload.

I need to get on a plan...my oldest daughter thinks clicking on random stuff is as much a game as pacman is, so I need to get a good image...or a lock on the door...

I would really recommend a copy of win 7 when it comes out. It's that good!

I am hoping they offer some depression period discounts on it.  I am cheap enough I may run this for the whole 6 months or however long it is good for.

I have already seen immediate improvement!

My mp3 player would automatically error when I connected it.  I'd still be able to use it, but it was annoying.  On WIN7, it just works. 

I was trying to set up wireless printing on my wireless printer, but didn't spend enough time to give up, but the last time I tried, XP didn't connect.  On WIN7, it just worked.

The downfall is that there aren't any WIN7 drivers for my video card, so I need to upgrade it.  So if anyone has a PCI video card that runs directX10, has valid WIN7 drivers available and has 128M or more of ram, let me know.  I did see some on newegg that might fit my needs.

This topic has more replies, but you'll need to be signed in to view them.