Fluxoid
Sign in to follow this  
ccs729

Rebates

Could companies possibly make it any more difficult to claim rebates?  I understand that they want to make the customer jump through a few hoops and be inconvienced a bit so not everybody tries to claim their rebate.

There is however a fine line between inconviencing people and downright being difficult. 

Case in point late June I purchase a new phone from Alltel, $100 rebate.  OK.  I fill out their form, send in form along with, UPC code, latest billing statement, and receipt of purchase.  I wait the specified 6-8 weeks and then some.  Here I find out they "Have not received it"  Ok I'm sure I'm the only one whose they lost.  I mail customer service, and get some more run around, and now I am to send off copies of all of the above to a resubmissions dept.  I ask if I need my most recent billing statement or if the original one I sent will suffice.  More run around, and I have yet to really be answered.  So I will wait to resubmit until I get my next statement.  I am further notified I must understand that I will need to wait 6-8 more weeks for my resubmission will be processed.  I ask if I will be notified of them receiving my resubmission via telephone or e-mail.  Yup you guessed no answer to that question as of yet either.

When its all said and done with the wait, hassle, and frustration is it really worth $100?  This is not the 1st time I've had trouble with Alltel customer service, or rebates in general.  Is it just me, or do other people get screwed with in similar fashion? 

Same thoughts here.  I'm still waiting after almost 3 months for a $300 rebate for my appliance package (said 6-8 weeks).  You basically have to tell them your whole life story and send everything but the kitchen sink.  I contacted someone a month ago and they said they received it, which is good news, but still am waiting for the rebate check.

Just an update on this one. After a few more emails and being directed to an automated phone system, I ws told it should be here no later than Dec. 16th. It was not here December 16th. I called the same automated menu on the 18th, and actually spoke to someone, who said I should be getting it "any day". He could provide no tracking information, or any kind of documentation. At this point I was ready to throw in the towel and let rest. To my surprise it finally did come on Dec. 29th. It was not a check, but rather a prepaid visa card with no ATM possibilities. I guess at least I got it. Worth the $100 card? I can't say that it necessarily was.

Just an update on this one. After a few more emails and being directed to an automated phone system, I ws told it should be here no later than Dec. 16th. It was not here December 16th. I called the same automated menu on the 18th, and actually spoke to someone, who said I should be getting it "any day". He could provide no tracking information, or any kind of documentation. At this point I was ready to throw in the towel and let rest. To my surprise it finally did come on Dec. 29th. It was not a check, but rather a prepaid visa card with no ATM possibilities. I guess at least I got it. Worth the $100 card? I can't say that it necessarily was.

They always try to scam you. You forget to send in a copy or something, your screwed. They watch that stuff to a T. The whole philosophy is to make it seem easy, but then you need a copy of this, you need to print this on the outside etc. They just wait for one tiny little screw-up and then bam! DENIED!

This topic has more replies, but you'll need to be signed in to view them.