Fluxoid
Sign in to follow this  
LK

Ouch: WinMo 6.5

Bah,  it's long been known that 6.5 was simply an update to 6.1, not real promise of lots of innovation.  The biggest things are a few changes to the look and increased target areas, so it is easier to press what you want with a finger (meaning you don't need your stylus as much).  Recently I moved from 6.0 to 6.1 which is again just a few cosmetic changes.  Big difference though.  I look forward to a few months from now (GRRR damn VZW for the wait) when I can upgrade to 6.5.

Just wait for WM7, that's where the big changes are supposed to be...

I've heard that WinMo 8 is going to be great.  Probably just as good as iPod OS 4.0.  Eventually everything will be awesome.  Lets focus on now.

Cue Conan's "In the year 2000" song

conan.jpg

You miss the point.  Compare any previous WM version to 6.5.  Changes are fairly minor across the past decade with slow and small improvements.  Reviewers of 6.5 shouldn't have expected much change (sadly).  It definately needs work.  Hopefully 7 lives up to the hype that is building, even if it is a year from release

If it takes elements from the Zune HD, it will certainly be a killer product.  A worthy adversary of the iPhone platform.  Right now I like WebOS, but its kind of sluggish in the limited ammount of time I've got to play with it.

This topic has more replies, but you'll need to be signed in to view them.