Fluxoid
Sign in to follow this  
WayneKerr

Netflix

Does anyone use netfix on their xbox360 and computer in the same house?  Which displays better.  I think I had 3 out of 5 bars last night, and I wasn't impressed.

I use mine on my xbox all the time and I love it. It all depends on your internet bandwith. I get solid bars all the time on HD and regular. I have never tested the computer part so I cannot comment on that.

Bringing this one back to the limelight as it's the only topic strictly titled Netflix. I use netflix plenty, but not as much lately. It's nice having the one monthly fee and getting as many movies as I can get. Shipping is quick. Streaming is great. I can stream to my Xbox, PS3, or my BD player.

With that being said, I know we have a few netflix members on here. Is anyone considering dropping it? I've been thinking about this lately for a couple reason. First I just haven't been using it that much. It's cheaper in the months when all I have to do is watch TV or play games than it would be for me to rent movies locally. On the other hand it's more expensive now when I'm essentially paying $12 a month for one rental, of course if I watched more then that changes.

My biggest peeve is their new agreement with movie companies not to have them immediately available. New releases are still in actual rental stores, but not immediately on netflix.... WTF. If I like a movie enough I will go out and buy it regardless. Usually I use netflix to screen movies I didn't see in theaters regarding if they warrant purchase or not. For movies like Sherlock Holmes where I was willing to pay to see it in a theater and I like them I won't rent, I'll just buy. For movies I don't care about i won't see it in a theater, buy it or rent it. If i'm on the fence I won't pay theater prices, but I'll rent it and if it's good enough I would buy it.

I think this new approach is only going to hurt Netflix. I can't imagine I'm the only one that would be willing to spend a little more to go back to renting from a store if it means quicker access to something I wouldn't mind seeing

It occurred to me to go to the cheapest option with streaming. There is this weird distinction between 1 DVD and unlimitied and there "Starz streaming only." I wonder what other streaming options I'd miss.

I don't like the new rental agreement. Seems like a step backwards.

Haven't checked in awhile, but back when I got it the only option for streaming was the one DVD thing.

I don't know if they have any unlimited streaming plans, or even strictly streaming plans. I know they have really limited plans, like one or two DVD's a month and then just a few hours of streaming. I think the best deal is still just the 1 DVD at a time with an unlimited number of DVD's in a month and unlimited streaming. I just don't like that they put themselves into the pockets of hollywood agreeing to withhold new releases for a while before making them available

This topic has more replies, but you'll need to be signed in to view them.